Diving Lake Pleasant 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going out to the lake tomorrow with another guy from school and plan to be at Vista Point around 9AM. Anyone else going? Whats the vis and boat traffic looking like these days?

Just wanted to thank the staff of the Scubateers! Three great dives on Saturday. Hope to do it again soon. :D

Does anyone have a list of GPS coordinates for the best sites to boat dive at Lake Pleasant?

Bill and I had four great dives on the Spectre dive boat out of Ventura. Looking forward to going back to the lake this weekend.

Taking the boyz to the lake Saturday for some snorkeling. We'll probably end up at Desert Tortoise or Beismeyer Point. Anybody diving there this Saturday??

Steve.

I could be talked into it if you need a divebuddy.

Didn't see your post until now. We'll be snorkeling at DT. You are certainly welcome to join us. Charlotte from Saguaro Diving mentioned that she will be there too, probably with a class.

Steve.

Hey if anyone dives this weekend at Vista Point and you find a red flip-flop by the picknic table do me a favor and leave it. My daughter dropped it Thursday night. We'll be back out and pick it up this week...if its still around.

PD

Hey if anyone dives this weekend at Vista Point and you find a red flip-flop by the picknic table do me a favor and leave it. My daughter dropped it Thursday night. We'll be back out and pick it up this week...if its still around.

PD

Saw it there as of last night (Friday).

mg

Ian and Jack, my middle and youngest sons snorkled Lake Pleasant with me today. Man was that fun. We entered the water where Desert Tortoise Rd runs into the lake. It couldn't have been more perfect for snorkeling with a couple of young-uns.

The water along the road never got deeper than 6 feet. The north wall had the best assortment of fish and crawdads. The "lake lobsters" were in abundance today. We saw several adolesent bass and bluegill as well. There was what seemed to be a huge "bait ball". A school of silver colored fish about the size of a minnow with a black spot just behind the gills. They were attracting the bass. We swam along with a "hunting party" of 6 or 7 bass and watched as they cut through the ball and picked off a few tasty morsels. The fish in the ball would split up as the hunters moved through and rejoined together after. There must have been hundreds of fish in this school. I've seen similar schools over at Vista Point.

We had a great time and didn't get too sunburned. The boyz leave to go back to TX tomorrow so next weekend I'll be at the lake with my gear ready to make bubbles.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom