Diving Flicks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac:
"Into The Blue", comes out in the end of September. Treasure, sharks, adventure.

It looks like a blatant ripoff of The Deep.

archman:
Men of Honor wasn't half bad.

I have The Big Blue on DVD. There are two different endings; one can be interpreted as less sad than the other. I like the less sad ending.

Men of Honor was good. Is Carl Brashear still alive?

Do you think you could do what he did?? Check this photo out:
brashear_test.jpg

MikeC:
Men of Honor was good. Is Carl Brashear still alive?

Do you think you could do what he did?? Check this photo out:
brashear_test.jpg

no sweat!

Hey spoon, if you didn't notice that is an artificial left leg he has.

Ok I'm watching Sphere. How the heck did they film those dive scenes? They actually put those big shot actors in those scary dive helmets from what I can tell :11:

Gidds:
Ok I'm watching Sphere. How the heck did they film those dive scenes? They actually put those big shot actors in those scary dive helmets from what I can tell :11:
Probably filmed the same way as was done in The Abyss, and The Life Aquatic. Fill a humongous container with water and gussy it up to look like the seafloor.

I meant: did they actually teach Hollywood big shots to dive?

Gidds:
I meant: did they actually teach Hollywood big shots to dive?

Despite what some of them think, "Hollywood big shots" walk and breathe the same way you and I do. Some camera angles do not allow for doubles, actors, to be used.

If you think teaching a Hollyweird actor to use SCUBA is a big deal, check out the training used in "Saving Private Ryan" and some of the other military movies. Some of those actors went through their own boot camps.

I'm sure some actors are very competent individuals. Whether or not I like them as actors has nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion about how incompetent they are in reality. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom