Diving Flicks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ:
True Lies, for Ah-nold wearing a nicely pressed tux under his drysuit.
I think Ah-nold stole the neatly pressed (and dry) tux-under-exposure suit maneuver from 007.

PhotoTJ:
That would be 'For Your Eyes Only'
Good memory! Can you name all the Bond flicks where he uses Scuba equipment?

Thunderball, For your eyes only, never say never again, The spy who loved me, Die another day? Shoot, I'm missing a few, I know.

xiSkiGuy:
Like SuPrBuGmAn intonated, the humor is “different”. If you liked other Wes Anderson movies (The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore), you’ll probably like it. As a diving flick goes, you have to think of it more as a spoof of old Cousteau movies than an attempt to portray diving. In the directors commentary, they discuss how they intentionally made the diving and aquatic life unrealistic and over the top (read: computer generated), both to be funny and as an acknowledgement that they couldn’t deliver something more spectacular than “real” undersea documentaries can and do.
QUOTE]

Thumbs up to Life Aquatic :glassez:! Wes Anderson films are very strange but sweet....

PhotoTJ:
Thunderball, For your eyes only, never say never again, The spy who loved me, Die another day? Shoot, I'm missing a few, I know.
I don't remember scuba in Die Another Day. I'll have to watch it again. Tomorrow Never Dies is the only other one I can come up with.

I am currently in hot water right now from my girlfriend for using her card at the local video store to rent big blue apperently they wernt happy about it being 28 days over due, i guess i could safely say that is THE BEST dive flick out there!

I have an unviewed copy of The Life Aquatic sitting on top of the DVD right now, I guess we'll have to make some time to sit and watch it soon.

Men of Honor wasn't half bad.

I have The Big Blue on DVD. There are two different endings; one can be interpreted as less sad than the other. I like the less sad ending.

"Into The Blue", comes out in the end of September. Treasure, sharks, adventure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom