Diving Flicks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My least favorite movies involving diving: Leviathan and Deep Blue Sea :yuck:

Even my mom, who knows nothing about sharks, marine biology, or diving other than what she hears from me, thought that movie was atrocious.

OK, I tried renting Life Aquatic via satellite, but I went and fell asleep about a half hour into it. What I remember seeing, I didn't care for it. I know I didn't see any diving.
Should I try it again. Is it good?

It may not be the type of humor you can appreciate, its definatley not your every day comedy.

There is some diving in it, but its pretty whacky.

The Creature From The Black Lagoon! Best diving movie ever. Real divers - manly ones - that put KGIII's physic to shame, rescuing the beautiful maiden from the hideous creature - all while using double hose regs and no BCs and no SPGs and no computers. Sexy and dangerous and full of lots of great diving shots all taken in the crystal waters of the amazon river.

fishoutawater:
OK, I tried renting Life Aquatic via satellite, but I went and fell asleep about a half hour into it. What I remember seeing, I didn't care for it. I know I didn't see any diving.
Should I try it again. Is it good?

Like SuPrBuGmAn intonated, the humor is “different”. If you liked other Wes Anderson movies (The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore), you’ll probably like it. As a diving flick goes, you have to think of it more as a spoof of old Cousteau movies than an attempt to portray diving. In the directors commentary, they discuss how they intentionally made the diving and aquatic life unrealistic and over the top (read: computer generated), both to be funny and as an acknowledgement that they couldn’t deliver something more spectacular than “real” undersea documentaries can and do.

It’s not for everyone, but I liked it.

Also, Coral Reef is a cool documentary.

I gotta also mention the James Bond Movie that they had a fight under the water with the hard suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom