Diving Dry in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can, try on a BARE Tec Dry hood. It has a zipper down the back that makes donning & doffing a breeze.

I second Mack's suggestion, that hood rocks!

My vote goes to Whites. I have a Nexus (back zip) and love it. My only complaint is that I wish I had spent the extra money for a Catalyst (front zip) so that it would be self donning.

I have had mine almost 4 years and the seals are still in great shape. They will last a long time as long as you take proper care of them.

Whites also has value packages that include the undergarments, boots and everything that are actually fairly reasonable. I really suggest you check them out.

I test dove my new Bare Trilam Tech Dry this afternoon. LOVE IT!!! I went to mansfield and climbed into the suit wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The water is still fairly warm, so I didn't want to hassle with sweating the thermals in shallow water. Max depth was 89' Temp at depth was 74 ish. The suit was flawless. I was heavy with 22lbs total, but I wanted to make sure there would be no issues with getting down. Buoyancy and trim control were no issues. The vent performed just like it was supposed to on ascent. I came out of the suit with not a drop of water anywhere. Now all I have to do is rig up the suspenders and install the pee valve.

Well pulled the trigger on a dry suit. Went with the Evo. 2. Basically it came down to. I did not have to order custom fit, their size chart fit me perfect. All the options I needed, most where included. And the fact I did not have time to wait on a custom suit since I waited so long.

Could I ask if anyone considered and rejected a Whites Fusion? And if so why?

Well pulled the trigger on a dry suit. Went with the Evo. 2. Basically it came down to. I did not have to order custom fit, their size chart fit me perfect. All the options I needed, most where included. And the fact I did not have time to wait on a custom suit since I waited so long.

I knew it... dang I guess I need to pull the trigger now as well. :D

So you gonna dive it this week? eh? :cool2:

I liked the idea of a drysuit that fits like a wetsuit, so I bought one this summer. Only have 3 dives with it but I really like it, but can't compare it to any others as I've never dived dry before.

~tony

ps.. with all the talk of 2000 plus, I thought I got a good deal with boots and MK2 undies included for about 1100.

I considered one, but decided against it. Not for any real reasons. But some issues I did not like where , the size chart for me. The issues people have had with the pockets. Saying that I know several people that dive them and love them. So I am sure you can't go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom