Diving Dry in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canada. My LDS at the time wanted to charge me retail so I looked else where. The undergarments were not DUI but they kept me warm.
That narrows it down...:eyebrow: Come on, give it up...help these guys out.

danktex:
Canada. My LDS at the time wanted to charge me retail so I looked else where. The undergarments were not DUI but they kept me warm.

That narrows it down...:eyebrow: Come on, give it up...help these guys out.

Seriously. For 2K it sounds like it fell off a truck somewhere. I'm about to plunk some coinage down for one and I'm not shy about the 2K ... give it up :blinking:

If you work at a dive shop, I would think that you should focus on the brand(s) that the LDS offers. Otherwise, you might offend the owner. If they do not currently sell dry suits, then you are off the hook.

Bare makes a good, affordable dry suit. I just got the Trilam Tech Dry. It is front zip, so self donning and doffing. I can't wait to get it wet, while I stay dry.

I second Mack's recommendation on the Bare Trilam Tech dry, the thing is almost bullet proof and you can get it for under $2k. I've owned my Trilam tech dry for over 2 years now, been very happy with it.
The other nice thing about the Bares, they have a wide number of sizes, for instance, medium short, medium, medium tall, and so on. So, you have a better chance of fitting in one of their off the shelf suits, which would be cheaper than going the custom route. Anyway, my $0.02 and good luck on your shopping..

So ... Who's diving dry next month?

I like my BARE XCD2 Pro Dry (neo material)......its a back zip model.....next time I will get a front entry model, I can mange getting out of it myself but no way zipping it after donning.

One of my former ice diver students has a Pinicle, he seems to be very happy with it.

You might also consider looking at a Dive-Rite 905, they are pretty durable.

I am diving with a very old mobby's that has worked well over the years (10+), but the materials are starting to get brittle in some areas and leaking. So it is time for a new suit. I am looking at a DiveRite 905 and the Bare HD Trilam. I wouldn't mind a DUI, but they are way out of my price range. I am also going with the back-zip. I find the front zips to be bulky and not fit me very well.

Randy

So ... Who's diving dry next month?

I think K-vlave, Zinc, Chrispete, Rumbum and a few others have already started. I just got the new suit in last week, but was too busy with the expo to get wet. Now I've got this ^%$#&$#&*(&%^ sinus infection and a hurt back, so I'm not sure if I'll even get wet before DEMA.

Good news and Bad news then...

Bad News...DiveTank has closed their doors.

Good News...Scuba Toys has taken over their Internet sales.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom