Diving Dry in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Besides a Drysuit class what class do you need a drysuit for. I have done all of my tech classes in a mix of drysuit and wetsuit depending on the condition. It was never required though.

Besides a Drysuit class what class do you need a drysuit for. I have done all of my tech classes in a mix of drysuit and wetsuit depending on the condition. It was never required though.

Tech classes. The few instructors I have talked to most would prefer drysuits, and I have to agree. Besides that I find myself liking the cold and dark, more than the warm clear stuff.

What's a dry suit? :confused:

:rofl3: Water proof trashbag ! ! !
I had never thought of it that way before.

I own a Bare front zip. Bare ain't top of the line; but it's very functional. The front zip is real convenient too. It's a true self-donning / self-doffing suit. And it keeps me dry.

For your $1500-1800 suit you wanted, i bet if you call John at 512-426-5888, he could get you in a DUI. It's worth a try.
Hey johnnyscuba ... is that John character a trustworthy sorta guy?

Do seals fail that often that the zip system is worth it?
Just depends on how well you take care of them for the most part. Wrist seals are a little thinner than neck seals so they tend to tear easier. Lots of people don't use zip seals and do just fine. I just don't want my dive ruined because I ripped a wrist seal so badly it couldn't be repaired in the field.

With the DUI Dog days coming up, ill probably go test a few DUI's out before buying anything.
Very, very smart!

I got a new TLS 350 custom cut, pockets, p-valve, and two sets of undergarments for around $2000. I highly recommend DUI.
Hmm...that's a heckuva deal even without the zip seals. DUI undergarments can easily go for $500 apiece. I bet there are plenty of folks considering a drysuit who would like to know where you got all that for $2k.

I guess no matter what, Trilaminate is the way to go around here over crushed neoprene?
Just depends on what kind of diving you're doing. If you are going to go places where you have to worry about tearing your drysuit (like a wreck) then crushed neoprene is the way to go. Trilaminate would be better suited for most caves and open water dives. Plus (I think) Trilam is more comfortable and easier to don. Just my opinion though.

Their are way to many choices. :shakehead:

Tech classes. The few instructors I have talked to most would prefer drysuits, and I have to agree. Besides that I find myself liking the cold and dark, more than the warm clear stuff.
Probably smart to start practicing with the drysuit anyway. There are a lot of places I don't want to go without it, but then I hate being cold. Heck, I used mine last Friday and the Wed before that. :D

I have a big chest, but my waist is pretty small.

You'd be perfect if you happen to be of the female variety! :eyebrow:

I couldn't resist. Back to your regularly scheduled posting..........

Hmm...that's a heckuva deal even without the zip seals. DUI undergarments can easily go for $500 apiece. I bet there are plenty of folks considering a drysuit who would like to know where you got all that for $2k.

Canada. My LDS at the time wanted to charge me retail so I looked else where. The undergarments were not DUI but they kept me warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom