Diving Deutschland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may not have hundreds of dives under my belt but nevertheless I'm pretty aware of the gear people use in my country. Besides, your message reads like spam from Scuba Pro.

Regardless of the motives for the book plug, I'm sure it's a great book that can be appreciated amongst any Scuba Pro fans.

To get us back on track. I am also an American with a very strong German heritage, currently living in Germany and very proud to be learning so much and meeting and diving with some really great people. Feel free to contact me when you get here.

Regardless of the motives for the book plug, I'm sure it's a great book that can be appreciated amongst any Scuba Pro fans.

To get us back on track. I am also an American with a very strong German heritage, currently living in Germany and very proud to be learning so much and meeting and diving with some really great people. Feel free to contact me when you get here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sounds like I have a dive buddy and translator of my very poor limited German.

My wife retired as a college president but recently accepted a one year contract as a college Senior Vice President, so our German travel plans have been placed on hold for a year or so.

Our plans are to either rent a car & trailer or purchase them for travel and have them shipped back to the US at the end of our travel's.
Our itinerary is to begin in Holland at Arnhem, where my wife's family migrated from and visit the strasse named after her family (and the city my cousin was KIA in WW11.) On to Germany cris-crossing the county at will, stopping when ever and where ever for however long we want to visit.

One must do is the 2 day German Historical Diving Society (GHDS) meet where I have many long term diving friends I will at last meet in person. I was a member of the founding Board of directors of HDS and the first and only director of Sports Diving- If you would like to lean a little more you may want to visit "Passing thread" about the passing of the late great Art Pender.

Our terminal destination will be Vienna...strange but true my grand father was a early settler and founder of Vienna Illinois! In Vienna I will be visiting with Eric and his magnificent dive operation.

Then Sadly return to CenCal

Any suggestions?

I have no clue of LA County 4806 intent-If necessary I apologize for him and the US

Cheers

SDM

You can use www.autoscout24.de to look for used cars and dormobiles. The German words you might be interrested in are "wohnmobil" and "wohnwagen".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it! I need all the help I can get..

My German is very limited to few phrases --maybe before our trip comes around I will find a local class for German.

SDM

I am also an American with German ancestry and have been living in Germany for the past 14 years. I was reading in the earlier posts about the reasons why you must have a valid physicians approval to dive in Monte Mare, the answer is you must have a vaild physicians approval within the past 24 months to legally dive in Germany. In Austria you must have a physicians approval within the past 12 months. That being said, most of the time, there is nobody checking your physical at lakes in Germany or Austria, but if something happens and you file a insurance claim, there is a chance your insurance company won't pay if you are not in compliance with federal law. Specifically with the case of Monte Mare, it is for liability reasons that they require a physicians approval/ valid physical,seeing that they are a business.

---------- Post added March 2nd, 2014 at 08:48 PM ----------

ludwigsv - Do you dive with Easy Dive Enkenbach?

I am also an American with German ancestry and have been living in Germany for the past 14 years. I was reading in the earlier posts about the reasons why you must have a valid physicians approval to dive in Monte Mare, the answer is you must have a vaild physicians approval within the past 24 months to legally dive in Germany. In Austria you must have a physicians approval within the past 12 months. That being said, most of the time, there is nobody checking your physical at lakes in Germany or Austria, but if something happens and you file a insurance claim, there is a chance your insurance company won't pay if you are not in compliance with federal law. Specifically with the case of Monte Mare, it is for liability reasons that they require a physicians approval/ valid physical,seeing that they are a business.

---------- Post added March 2nd, 2014 at 08:48 PM ----------

ludwigsv - Do you dive with Easy Dive Enkenbach?

Ah, that makes sense I suppose.

PM sent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom