Diving Deutschland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be heading to nordhausen on the second of February. Has anyone been there that could tell me if it is worth the three hour drive. I understand there will not be a lot of fish activity because if the cold but the small boats and the town are something to see, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sounds awesome. We go by Leipzig sometimes for kulkwitzetsee and Halle for the quarries. I will check it out with my dive buddy, maybe we change plans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As an American with a German heritage I whole heatedly agree that there should be a separate thread for Germany. I have been to Germany only once but would like to spend some quality time in the land of my forefathers. I would also like to visit with German divers and especially attend the German Historical Society gathering which is held every June.

FYI there is a new monumental SCUBA Pro book printed in German;

SCUBA PRO HISTORICAL BOOK
In German, printed in Germany

"50 Jahre SCUBA PRO
Der Atemreglerhersteller
von
Frank Werthwein"

Paper back, 276 fact filled pages with year by year product description accompanied by photographs. It begins with the establishment of SCUBA Pro as a division of Healthways in 1962, complete with a picture of the very rare 1962 SCUBA Pro catalog, It is recognized by those who were a participant and witness to that era of recreational diving that SCUBA Pro was established in 1962, not 1963 as current management of SCUBA pro has announced and are currently celebrating. The acquisition of SCUBA Pro in Healthways bankruptcy by modern SCUBA Pro's two founders Dick Bonin and Gustav Dalla Valle. The book provides a concise biographies of Dick and Gus as well as biographies of all the company officials during that pioneering era. Then the book seamlessly transitions into a year by year description of the companies products.

A must have for the SCUBA Pro aficionados

SDM

Scuba Pro is not "that" popular in Germany though, especially their regulators since some of them used to free flow in cold water and got a bad reputation.
Poseidon has cult status around here, but people also like Apeks and Beuchart regs.

Hollis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scuba Pro is not "that" popular in Germany though, especially their regulators since some of them used to free flow in cold water and got a bad reputation.
Poseidon has cult status around here, but people also like Apeks and Beuchart regs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I appreciate your response and your vast regulator diving knowledge based on less than 24 dives.

I am, as previously stated, an American of German heritage born and raised in a predominantly German community. One of the popular sayings from my youth was "You can always tell a German but you can't tell them any thing"

It is no concern of mine what equipment you prefer. My only concern is to with in a year spend the summer traveling in Germany and meeting with some German divers

I would think that you as a German you would be proud that one of your countrymen researched, wrote and published a very definitive milestone book on SCUBA PRO which is now available only in German but soon it will soon be published in several languages.

Maybe you are not as Proud of vour German Heritage as I AM

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom