Diving Deutschland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good question, I'd also like to know that.
Apart from that, I thougt that people between 18 an 40 years only need it every three years?

No, above 40, the physician's approval is only valid for one year, below 40 it is two years, as mentioned.

is there any diving reasonably close to munich?
son is in business there and are planning a visit
will be diving in iceland again on way there and wondering what ,if any,sites were doable near him
thanks in advance
have fun
yaeg

Drive south into Austria, not too far and you'll find Plansee, where we went ice diving, and in Germany outside of Garmisch is Walchansee, we'll be diving there next weekend.

The GTÜM recommends to have a medical every three years if you are under 40, and for 40 above every year.

It is a recommendation, not a law.

Dive shops I know ask for one that is not older than two years if you are under the age of 40.

I also heard that insurance might not pay if you don't have the medical clearance, and that's also why dive shops ask you to have a valid medical. Of course it is also recommended because it's your life and if you run into an otherwise harmless medical problem while under water, it might turn out fatal.

In a way it is questionable because there is no required standard for what is tested. I heard of people who got a medical clearance from their regular doctor without any examination... my dive doc (certified by GTÜM) did a whole bunch of tests and sent me to an ENT for some more tests.

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2014 at 06:55 PM ----------

is there any diving reasonably close to munich?
son is in business there and are planning a visit
will be diving in iceland again on way there and wondering what ,if any,sites were doable near him
thanks in advance
have fun
yaeg

i'm talking summer,dude!!!!
we've got all the ice diving we can handle at home!!!!!

You didn't say in your first post that you are going in summer.

What is "reasonably close" in your book?

I am sure there are a few lakes that you can dive. You can also head to the Bodensee. But to me, all diving in Germany is cold and dark. If you don't mind a longer drive, Croatia might be a good place.

Back
Top Bottom