Diving Deutschland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello! I should be in Germany sometime in July/August and I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations on where to dive. I know I'm going to be in the Bielefeld area but I'm willing to travel a bit to dive. I've notice some of you guys talking about the Netherlands; how's the diving there and what type of expose suit should I wear?

What kind of diving do you enjoy? In the Baltic Sea there are lots and lots of wrecks to dive.
We also have some flooded mines with clear water if you are into cave diving.
Otherwise you have lots of small quarries and lakes with different grades of murkiness.

Here you can search the dive spots in each German state as well as the current conditions:

Tauchen in Deutschland mit 200bar.de | deutsche Tauchspots

In Nordrhein-Westfalen and Niedersachsen are nearest spots to Bielefeld.
About exposure, drysuit or 7mm neoprene at least. In summer you can expect temperatures under 10°C depending on the depth.

Last edited:
I'm not certified in any tec diving so I won't be able to do caves. I'm going to be getting into photo/videography so anything that would be nice taking pictures/videos of would be good.

If you want to dive lakes in Central Europe I recommend a drysuit.
You just might be in time to dive at Tragöß-Grüner See in Austria make sure to check out their homepage to see if there is enough water in the lake.

Depending on where you are you'd be looking at €60 for a weekend, give or take.

Rental stock is generally in good condition from what I've seen but fitting a drysuit, especially the neck seal, can be a bit hit-and-miss.

R..

Well, I just picked up a pair of DS4's for my doubles configuration! Now all I need are tanks. Unfortunately, I need to find a good deal on tanks so I can resell them when I move back to the states. If anyone here in Southern Germany or neighboring countries comes across a good deal, please let me know.

My LDS has a pair for 100 euro, but they need new valves and a manifold to be configured properly... I'm still thinking about it.

Hello all. I am a new open water diver. I hope o soon take the advance open water course. I will be traveling to Germany the last two weeks of August and would like to dive. Unfortunately I will be going alone so I have no dive buddies. Does anyone know of any shops that offer local trips?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom