Diving Deutschland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to go to the Red Sea! However, I think it mug be on the "no-no" list.

We receive quite a few German divers in the Netherlands each year and we're happy to have them.

The diving infrastructure in the Netherlands is quite good. Accommodation and diving opportunities are quite good. We have North Sea wrecks, including quite a few war wrecks, as well as the "Oosterschelde", which is a huge inlet with a rich diversity of marine life (albeit small) and easy access to diving.

Germans, in particular, even though they may be even more head-strong than the Dutch (hard to imagine but true) dive very competently and have few to no problems diving in the turbid, streaming coastal waters of the Netherlands.

I don't know if this is what you were thinking about but I wanted to put it on the table for you. Depending on where you live in Germany, it isn't that far to drive. It could make a good long-weekend trip.

R..

A Belgian friend of mine took me to dive Zeeland last year. It was fun and I hope to return again.

Absolutely! We should plan a Netherlands dive trip this summer. I'll bring my buddies from Germany and Belgium!

Sounds good - I might be able to join at least for part of the dives.

If you're planning on coming to Holland then let me know. You can PM me here and we'll connect up.

R..

I have no specific date (ev. somewhere May/June), neither site (however the south of the Netherlands would be best)

We receive quite a few German divers in the Netherlands each year and we're happy to have them.

The diving infrastructure in the Netherlands is quite good. Accommodation and diving opportunities are quite good. We have North Sea wrecks, including quite a few war wrecks, as well as the "Oosterschelde", which is a huge inlet with a rich diversity of marine life (albeit small) and easy access to diving.

Germans, in particular, even though they may be even more head-strong than the Dutch (hard to imagine but true) dive very competently and have few to no problems diving in the turbid, streaming coastal waters of the Netherlands.

I don't know if this is what you were thinking about but I wanted to put it on the table for you. Depending on where you live in Germany, it isn't that far to drive. It could make a good long-weekend trip.

R..

And you got Vla! Reason enough to pay the Netherlands a visit! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom