Diving Deutschland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can recommend you the "Ostseebasis" in Rerik- good organized Dive Center that offers boat trips e.g. to some beautiful wrecks. But I agree with alewar- it would be good to know which part of Germany you are visiting.
9equgary.jpg

Hello all. I am a new open water diver. I hope o soon take the advance open water course. I will be traveling to Germany the last two weeks of August and would like to dive. Unfortunately I will be going alone so I have no dive buddies. Does anyone know of any shops that offer local trips?

---------- Post added July 1st, 2014 at 06:48 AM ----------

Sorry for the double post. I will be in Spangdahlem. Thanks for any advice you all may have.

Today I was at the Luberwieher near Deggendorf. WHen I started the two hour drive I knew the lake was very shallow but was surprised to learn how shallow it actually was after talking to some diver upon arrival. I had a sort of negative perception due to depth but at the end of the day I was really surprised. Even though we only got a maximum of 15ft, there were so may plants and fish that the dive turned great. The depth allowed the dive to last well over an hour and the huge carp were amazing. We saw a great deal of baby stoehr's and about three other types of fish than I cannot recall the name for. This dive helped me learn that depth is not a determining factor on the level of satisfaction one gets from a dive. For me, it was well worth the two hour drive, and Deggendorf, from what I saw, was a gorgeous little town.

Up nextt for us, Aug 15-17, is a camping trip to the Kulkwitzersee. The plan is to get eight dives in two days at three locations in the near of Leipzig!

Hi quick intro to Diving Deutschland; recently moved to Central Europe in Hesse and wanting to dive some of the lakes in Austria, Switzerland or Germany, anything up to 60m open circuit. My German is not that good yet but am fluent English speaker. Any advice, help or ideas very gratefully received. many thanks.

Last edited:
Many of the shops in our area take guided tours to the Austrian mountain lakes. Great sites! Sometime when I'm not typing with my thumbs I'll send you more info. Just remind me.

I just found out that I will be in Kaiserslautern, Germany and have a weekend open during 13-14 Sept. Is there any diving nearby? How cold is the water? I'm just advanced, so no caves for me. Any input would be appreciated. Also, I do not know German, so an English speaking guide will be required.

Feel free to PM the information if needed. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are plenty of small lakes in the Mannheim area that are open until December, though honestly they are cold and murky. I would suggest driving up to rienbach for some indoor diving. Look up Monte Mare and check out their indoor facility. Be forewarned though, they are very strict with their medical certificate policy, so you need to have your primary care doc sign off on your health first. It's about a two hour drive, so we were a little annoyed when they turned my buddy away for not having a physician's signature.

---------- Post added August 19th, 2014 at 07:34 AM ----------

Oh. The weather. Hard to say. It's been warm and sunny with isolated rain storms... Until this week. Right now it's 43 degrees and overcast with a high of 60. We are in the pubescent stages of an approaching winter. It could get warm again, it could get colder. Most of us dive dry, or with a 7mm. Water temps will probably be in the 50's or below.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom