Diving Couples Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I first met my wife, 32 years ago, I dove but she had no interest, between work, rasing a family dving got shelved. In 2005 a new LDS opend and we stopped in so I could look at the equipment. The owner got talking to my wife and somehow confinced her to try diving. She got hooked.
She's now my regular dive buddy and loves the sport.

Gene V

huh, the LDS owner got her to do it?? you must not have been trying that hard :rofl3: Anyway, all that matters is that now can share your love of the waterworld with the love of your life :D

Ok, my story.....
Met hubby on Jan 2, 1991, actually he saw me, but I didn't see him. He was the brother of a guy I worked with. We finally made formal introductions a couple of days later. Our first date was to his nephew's christening, where I got to meet his entire family!!!

I knew Ed was a YMCA dive instructor, and I was always facinated with Cousteau and all that underwater stuff. A few months after dating, we made a pact. He would certify me and I would give him golf lessons, he always wanted to play. (Smart lady that I am, I DIDN'T give him the lessons, I left that up to my uncle who is a golf pro!)

In August 1991 I did my checkout dives on Bonaire. Now here it is 2010, I am a dive resort owner, along with my husband (yes, the same guy...lol), and one of the re-compression chamber nurses, living on Bonaire.

I couldn't ask for a better life.

Liz

Liz,

that is a WOW story. Some sort of Cinderella/Little Mermaid combination. :D

Where did you both live before Bonaire???

draleigh,

We actually lived in South NJ, Little Egg Harbor, Tuckerton Area. Hubby is originally from Staten Island and I grew up in Virginia Beach....

draleigh,

We actually lived in South NJ, Little Egg Harbor, Tuckerton Area. Hubby is originally from Staten Island and I grew up in Virginia Beach....

I am originally from NJ also, Edison, most of my buddies are from the surrounding 100 miles here in the NE. Thanks to you, I am going to bed tonight with visions of tropical living/diving with the love of my life, whom I have not met yet :D

Donna

Thanks to you, I am going to bed tonight with visions of tropical living/diving with the love of my life, whom I have not met yet :D

Donna

Donna,
Glad I'm not the only "hopeful" one....It's a great dream to live. Even when it THAT one dream doesn't work out, there will be another even better one soon!. :D

I am originally from NJ also, Edison, most of my buddies are from the surrounding 100 miles here in the NE. Thanks to you, I am going to bed tonight with visions of tropical living/diving with the love of my life, whom I have not met yet :D

Donna

Donna,
Glad I'm not the only "hopeful" one....It's a great dream to live. Even when it THAT one dream doesn't work out, there will be another even better one soon!. :D

Yep.. dreams come true without knowing you have them.. the love of my life was on another continent and introduced me to a wonderful new lifestyle... be patient your prince charming may just be navigating you way with doubles and a scooter:rofl3:

I have yet to meet a diving / life partner. The girls I meet usually are taken or "play for the other team" or I find someone who says they would love to learn to dive, but will never sign up for the class.

So until then my partner in diving is my Pinnacle Evo2 drysuit.

But if there are any single ladies reading this I am 25 and located in NY (E. Long Island)

Donna,

Elena,

I hear ya, I am great with a cold water diving Prince Charming :D I don't need no stikin tropical island to be happy, well, maybe an occasional visit or 2 a year :rofl3: Besides, this is where my family is and I just moved back here 2 years ago.

I have yet to meet a diving / life partner. The girls I meet usually are taken or "play for the other team" or I find someone who says they would love to learn to dive, but will never sign up for the class.

So until then my partner in diving is my Pinnacle Evo2 drysuit.

But if there are any single ladies reading this I am 25 and located in NY (E. Long Island)

"play for the other team" :rofl3:

actually, I don't know of a single, ahem, age appropriate, dive chickie for you, I will keep my eyes open.

Do you come out to DS? DNY is there a lot of weekends. Do you belong to the singles forum here on SB? You should introduce yourself in the personal classifieds with something about yourself and a wish list. Someone I know is big on those :D Of course, I have not had the guts to post in the personal classifieds there :rofl3:

Donna

"play for the other team" :rofl3:

actually, I don't know of a single, ahem, age appropriate, dive chickie for you, I will keep my eyes open.

Do you come out to DS? DNY is there a lot of weekends. Do you belong to the singles forum here on SB? You should introduce yourself in the personal classifieds with something about yourself and a wish list. Someone I know is big on those :D Of course, I have not had the guts to post in the personal classifieds there :rofl3:

Donna
Well I don't know of a better way to put it without offending someone. :ignore:

I have been to Dutch, in October and that was my first drysuit dive. I plan on making a few more trips there this summer though. I am thinking a whole week in July as well.

I have only recently joined to board, I have joined DiveNY and the SCUBA Singles, but have only posted the my age/location, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom