Diving Couples Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got together with my Fiance by using a pick up line... "did your ears pop when you fell from heaven?"

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: lots of beauty but no brains to fall for that line :giggle: just kidding... at least it is original:worship:

My wife and I started together with a try dive and are now both PADI OWSI having done all our courses together. We have 5 children between us, 4 of whom dive the 5th can't because of asthma. We moved to Tenerife from the UK to live our life in the water! :wink:

I think it is interesting and inspirational for us single divers to hear the stories of how diving couples met.

I know many divers, but very few diving couples in comparison. The couples stories I have heard include being married for years and taking up diving when the kids moved out, diving their entire marriage, meeting on a dive trip, one partner getting the new partner hooked, divers meeting through friends and even meeting here on SB.

If you are part of a diving couple and don’t mind sharing, tell us your maritime love story :D

Donna

My wife and I got cert. in 2008, and we love it, me a little more than her. I am a true addict. We went and got cert. after our daughter went into the Marines, we now have the extra money to travel and spend real time together, it is great. It is something we both love alot.

dave

When I first met my wife, 32 years ago, I dove but she had no interest, between work, rasing a family dving got shelved. In 2005 a new LDS opend and we stopped in so I could look at the equipment. The owner got talking to my wife and somehow confinced her to try diving. She got hooked.
She's now my regular dive buddy and loves the sport.

Gene V

Ok, my story.....
Met hubby on Jan 2, 1991, actually he saw me, but I didn't see him. He was the brother of a guy I worked with. We finally made formal introductions a couple of days later. Our first date was to his nephew's christening, where I got to meet his entire family!!!

I knew Ed was a YMCA dive instructor, and I was always facinated with Cousteau and all that underwater stuff. A few months after dating, we made a pact. He would certify me and I would give him golf lessons, he always wanted to play. (Smart lady that I am, I DIDN'T give him the lessons, I left that up to my uncle who is a golf pro!)

In August 1991 I did my checkout dives on Bonaire. Now here it is 2010, I am a dive resort owner, along with my husband (yes, the same guy...lol), and one of the re-compression chamber nurses, living on Bonaire.

I couldn't ask for a better life.

Liz

Two quick shots and I hear Fish... "yelling" at me... turn and he is motioning for me to come with him NOW!:depressed:

I look at the tantalizing fish and turn to follow. Fish once again holds up two fingers makes a sweeping motion... then holds up three fingers and indicates ????. Ooops :blush: he was trying to get my attention to let me know he had lost sight of our buddy.... and I had misread it totally.:shakehead:

the hand signal could have been worse, only one sweeping finger :rofl3:

I met my new bride on SB as we were married in the Ginny Springs Ballroom in August 2009. And as diving Newlyweds, we finally finished our NSS-CDS Full Cave last month back at Ginny!

UWwedding082009a.jpg

I have been diving since 77. My wife didn't dive until after we met. Met her on a group trip to Cozumel. (She was along for the drinking.) One affternoon I put her in the pool and put her through the first two modules of O/W. That was October 96, and she was certified back home in December of that year. She got me into photography.

My wife and I started together with a try dive and are now both PADI OWSI having done all our courses together. We have 5 children between us, 4 of whom dive the 5th can't because of asthma. We moved to Tenerife from the UK to live our life in the water! :wink:

wow, lucky family man, I actually had to look up Tenerife, the largest island of the Canaries :D I have never been there, nor met anyone from there, can you post some pics of your topside and underwater scapes?? Or if you already have, direct me to a link :D Thanks!!!

edit: found your link in your sig :)

My wife and I got cert. in 2008, and we love it, me a little more than her. I am a true addict. We went and got cert. after our daughter went into the Marines, we now have the extra money to travel and spend real time together, it is great. It is something we both love alot.

dave
A few other couples I know started diving when their kids left the nest also. Like I said before, I think it is an awesome couples hobby, thanks for sharing :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom