Diving at Twin Lakes Sunday, 4/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I would have seen this thread earlier. Did anyone make it out there? The weather didn't look good from NW Houston and we got some heavy showers.

Yep, 5 of us made it out today. It started raining as soon as we put our gear together. Vis was 4-6 ft down to about 25 ft, and about double that below. Then the sun came out right as we were packing up. It wasn't great but it was diving!

Had fun. got lost underwater, got wet. All in all a good day!

Glad the diving went well for you guys!

I headed up to Aquarena and took a glass-bottom boat tour, since I'm not authorized to dive there [yet].

Found a shop around here that IS open on Sunday.... built up a weight belt (hard uncoated, 6 x 2lbs).
First time dealing with uncoated weights... got a bit of lead on my hands. Washed right off, but I'm concerned about repeated exposure... probably gonna spray the weights with lacquer or clear-coat or plasti-dip them or..... something.

Dee - thanks for the thought. Didn't see your post until too late [just now].
At least I'll be ready next time! haha.

The water level was up. Still has a ways to go before I would say it was full. I had 43 feet at the bottom, 59 degrees and about 10 foot vis. Surface was about 70 degrees with 2-4 foot vis. Thermocline at about 18 feet.

It was nice to see you guys! Yeah....it wasn't great but it was diving! I wanted to try out the new wetsuit. Did that and there was no reason for a 2nd...never thought I'd say that! But it was just cold enough that with the cool wind I never did get warm.

We'll do it again. I'd like to try to plan a Southern Swampers Thing later on...grilling and diving and visiting. Mike really has done some work around the lake. There's quite a few shelters, about 10, I think. More porta cans and some showers are nice.

Dee, I hope my schedule will allow for me to attend this Southern Swampers Thing whenever it is.

Back
Top Bottom