Diving and Toys....What do you think the coolest new diving "toy" is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danvolker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
  • Would it be a computer that does things no computer had ever done before, or much better?
  • Would it be some new accessory that many of us have not seen yet?
  • A new and better wetsuit?
  • Would it be an under water camera type toy that is new and different?

For those of us that don't read the print rags and may have missed the new ads, what is the hot item? :)

I've had the chance to play with the Liquivision Lynx, and I think it's a cool new toy. Both monitoring the air pressure of your buddy (or students!) and the buddy finder/location beacon homer are pretty cool. I'd love to have had the homer on a few dives off anchored boats!

I've had the chance to play with the Liquivision Lynx, and I think it's a cool new toy. Both monitoring the air pressure of your buddy (or students!) and the buddy finder/location beacon homer are pretty cool. I'd love to have had the homer on a few dives off anchored boats!

I haven't seen the buddy finder feature before. Sounds like a winner. How does it work?

Different divers have diff views on toys. I love photography, thus for me a canon 5d mark iii with Aquatica housing/strobes would leave a damp spot in my drysuit!!! Its not new or radical different, but its kick a$$ and one of the best you can buy.

A good friend of mine has 2 (one for the girlfriend) with updated springs and seals as a lot of his shots are around the 300-400ft mark documenting coelacanths.

My soul is up for sale for one of those!

I haven't seen the buddy finder feature before. Sounds like a winner. How does it work?

Theres a video in this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...analyzers/453305-liquivision-lynx-review.html

---------- Post added May 18th, 2013 at 03:15 AM ----------

I'd love to have a play with the OSTC MK3 heinrichsweikamp

I own the HW Frog, their recreational computer and like it a lot, customer service is awesome too, and if you buy out of the EU they deduct the 19.5% (?) VAT.

• Would it be a computer that does things no computer had ever done before, or much better?
  • Would it be some new accessory that many of us have not seen yet?
  • A new and better wetsuit?
  • Would it be an under water camera type toy that is new and different?

For those of us that don't read the print rags and may have missed the new ads, what is the hot item? :)

For me, CCR's continue to improve and will eventually revolutionize diving (the process is already underway). Submersible emergency beacons (GPS/Radio) are also a great innovation. Multi-gas dive computers that incorporate gas consumption/projection have also been a positive advancement.

As far as an invention that I'd like to see... I'd have to say that a independently heated hot water suit (free of umbilical) would be a tremendous leap forward for deep/decompression/cold water divers; especially for Diver using high percentages of Helium in their mix.

This gets my vote for coolest diving toy.

Dive another day: James Bond-style submarine boat goes on sale - but you'd better dig deep if you want one ~ G a z i n k a

article-1223129-06F7ABB1000005DC-812_634x469.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom