For Sale VR3 Spectrum Dive Compuer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok. I worked through a couple different manuals online and the menus. It does not appear to be unlocked for CCR. Might have been before, but battery was dead. I don’t think I got any pins. Does anyone know how to find what pins are associated with this serial number?

Arrr the good old VR3!! Often said in reviews at the time will be the last dive computer you will ever need. Until Shearwater came on the scene and the rest is history particularly for the VR3 and Delta P Technology along with a slew of other computer manufacturers that could not compete.

Ok. I worked through a couple different manuals online and the menus. It does not appear to be unlocked for CCR. Might have been before, but battery was dead. I don’t think I got any pins. Does anyone know how to find what pins are associated with this serial number?
Disregard. I found the original manual with pin. I entered the pin, but it doesn’t appear to have unlocked anything. In other news, I also found 2 replacement buttons and springs.

I agree about Shearwater. I have used a Peregrine for the last several years.

Of note, this VR3 is for sale significantly cheaper than any Shearwater though. I’m thinking it would be good as a back up, I don’t think anybody would run this as their primary.

Attachments

• IMG_8973.jpeg
    IMG_8973.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8974.jpeg
    IMG_8974.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 17
I wanted it to read oxygen cells for a rebreather chief, thanks.

No worries. Does anyone know if there is a way to get new pins anymore?
Yep,
Frank Spiering in Holland “RDSrebreathers” should find him, he can do pins as he is also the Ouroboros man in Europe now, so is pretty much the leading authority on VR3 (or what’s left of them) he may also have spares,

I’ve had a couple of the VR3 one running my Ouroboros although that is essentially just a display as all the technical gubbins is in the electrics pod,
My only word of warning to anybody unfamiliar with them is that once you press a button you must wait a couple of moments for the screen to react and catch up, but playing octopus game on long deco was a positive revelation for us all, a very robust computer, and simple the buttons are just mag switches so no buttons to leak compared to other older computers.

And when you’ve had your fun with it a effective paper weight / doorstop / anti-burglary weapon… 😜

I found an email for Frank, I could not find him on ScubaBoard though. I am going to email him. I did come across an old eBay listing that referenced him and pins - I could find a date - but it referenced pins being 70 euros, which is about $78 USD - that is less than I expected. I will post what I find out, but that opens up the possibility of making this do whatever is desired.

Disregard. I found the original manual with pin. I entered the pin, but it doesn’t appear to have unlocked anything. In other news, I also found 2 replacement buttons and springs.

I agree about Shearwater. I have used a Peregrine for the last several years.

Of note, this VR3 is for sale significantly cheaper than any Shearwater though. I’m thinking it would be good as a back up, I don’t think anybody would run this as their primary.
I found an email for Frank, I could not find him on ScubaBoard though. I am going to email him. I did come across an old eBay listing that referenced him and pins - I could find a date - but it referenced pins being 70 euros, which is about $78 USD - that is less than I expected. I will post what I find out, but that opens up the possibility of making this do whatever is desired.
Frank isn’t on scubaboard as far as I know, but he will get back to you if you email him, he’s a really nice guy and will try to help you out am sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom