Diving and Parasailing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skinfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a question, which may be somewhat ignorant, but I wanted to know if it is dangerous to dive and parasail in the same day? I know the parasailing altitude is not great but it is way beyond the norm and I did not know if this could cause problems, like flying and diving the same day would cause. Any advice would be great...

Also, what does PFO stand for and what is it?

Thanks,

Doug

as long as you are not exceeding 1000 feet in altitude (unlikely with a parasail), you should be fine. i've flown in helicopters after diving at low altitudes and had no problems.

Do parasailing first then dive. Or better, full gear up and go parasailing, then drop from the sky straight into the ocean :eyebrow: ... something I'd been pursuading my housemate to do since the begining of this century but he said someone already made the "jack-as* " movie, and he does not like to repeat other's idea :laughing:

Hey, you hairy, humped back beast, you've been watching too many "James Bond Marathons" on television.

patent foramen ovale...although I'm quite sure I have the spelling entirely wrong.

PFO is when there is a little flap that remains open between the chambers of your heart - this flap is open as a developing fetus, but then should close shut when you are born - in some folks this doesn't happen.

Hi skinfish:

Remember that stenuous activity following diving can lead to the formation/growth of tissue bubbles and that can result in decompression sickness.

Dr Deco:
Hi skinfish:

Remember that strenuous activity following diving can lead to the formation/growth of tissue bubbles and that can result in decompression sickness.
Yep - I was thinking that this would be a bigger risk than the few hundred feet of elevation change. :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom