Flying in a bi-plane post dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If exercise after diving, and things like that, increase the risk of DCS, then wouldn't not the relatively low altitude but the high G's of a stunt aircraft increase risk of DCS?

Not an issue at that altitude. Enjoy, hope its a Stearman?
Okay this is a little (okay a lot) of thread drift. But it's @flyboy08 's fault. A number of years ago an Air France Pilot contacted my friend Robbie (who restores Stearmans) and ask for a ride in one. Seemed like a good excuse to go up so four of us got together. The white Stearman was mine at the time. The Air France Pilot flew with me and filmed this video with his iPhone. Nothing spectacular but we all had a blast.

If that doesn't get your blood moving perhaps this will. Not a Stearman but who cares.

It's called wing walking. You'll have to take a trip to the UK to do it. The Wing Walk Company

There was a business in the USA that let you do rides strapped on top of a biplane for $1000, but the FAA recently shut them down. Probably unfairly Enforcement Action Against Wing Walking Business Goes Over The Top - AVweb but it's going to take them some time to fight this.

You can also search YouTube for videos of airshow wing walkers. It's been a thing for a century.

Good to know! This book called Illusions by Richard Bach features a single engine pilot in the Midwest giving rides for change in a field and this kinda reminds me of that. Especially the UK company website. Wholesome :)

And that was a fun article to read through, I like that guy!

Ok then, I am currently googling how to make Pablo Escobar money, without doing Pablo Escobar things 🤔

Good to know! This book called Illusions by Richard Bach features a single engine pilot in the Midwest giving rides for change in a field and this kinda reminds me of that. Especially the UK company website. Wholesome :)
General Aviation (GA) is generally pretty wholesome. Especially here in the Midwest :)

But if you think diving is an expensive hobby ...

Ok then, I am currently googling how to make Pablo Escobar money, without doing Pablo Escobar things 🤔
That rules out private equity then.

General Aviation (GA) is generally pretty wholesome. Especially here in the Midwest :)

But if you think diving is an expensive hobby ...

That rules out private equity then.

Agreed - I got as far as soloing a single engine in my pursuit of piloting, then I stopped for a while, but I really enjoyed it, it’s also very peaceful.

That’s how I found this thread, I was looking to see if sea planing could be combined with diving. I feel like there’s a market for it and - just maybe, I could do both things I really love. Maybe even sprinkle mental health therapy in there.

I mean…
Research shows: water is healing.
…Fresh air is good for us.

Who says my office can’t be a seaplane? 🤔 it’s so crazy it just might work…

Yeah I’m not trying to Bernie Madoff anyone, I’d rather float on a pool noodle in a puddle for the rest of my days than lose my soul to the golden calf outside the stock exchange.

Nature is free (and priceless) and I don’t have to have trinkets to enjoy it :) They’re fun, but they’re nothing without nature ☺️

Agreed - I got as far as soloing a single engine in my pursuit of piloting, then I stopped for a while, but I really enjoyed it, it’s also very peaceful.

That’s how I found this thread, I was looking to see if sea planing could be combined with diving. I feel like there’s a market for it and - just maybe, I could do both things I really love. Maybe even sprinkle mental health therapy in there.

I mean…
Research shows: water is healing.
…Fresh air is good for us.

Who says my office can’t be a seaplane? 🤔 it’s so crazy it just might work…
I never tried diving from a float plane, but landing on a remote lake, doing some fishing, taking a swim, maybe going to shore and taking a nap is heaven. You live in a state with a lot of nice lakes. Go for it.

Reactions: 8mb
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom