Diving accident waiting to happen!! Video. Unbelievable!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Hawaii for example, has so many cultures, we just passed a local law against cooking dogs
Gee, What am I going to eat when I get there :confused:

Diver Dennis:
I agree JimJam. This is being blown out of proportion IMHO.

Yep. Put me down for some of that, too... :wink:

JeffG:
Originally Posted by catherine96821
Hawaii for example, has so many cultures, we just passed a local law against cooking dogs.

Gee, What am I going to eat when I get there :confused:

Apparently eating them raw may still be an option :D

OHGoDive:
Apparently eating them raw may still be an option :D
:nonono:

As for the diving video. It looks to me like the cameraman (or woman) was the buddy on this dive. So there was another alternate air source down there. Granted if their was a failure with the Dad's gear he would need to hand off the child and do a CESA or do buddy breathing but so long as this was a shallow dive (less than 20') I really don't see this as being all that dangerous. In fact this is probably safer than many of the discover scuba classes being done which no one seems to think are dangerous. At least he has a hold on his kid and the kid can't bolt to the surface.

As for the shooting video, what was wrong with that? I saw all major safety rules being followed at all times and frankly if parents would teach their children about guns and gun safety we'd have a whole lot less problems. I wish people would stop trying to kid proof the gun and instead gun proof the kid. She was learning about guns, gun safety, and having a good time. I have taken many friends kids out to the gun range (obviously with the parents permission). They get to learn proper firearms handling, have some fun, and learn that guns aren't the evil thing that so many portray them to be. I actually bought a .22 and mounted a nearly identical red dot scope on it just for the kids I was taking out shooting. It's the perfect gun for kids to learn on.

The only thing I see wrong with that video of the girl shooting was that half the time, the camera was aimed at the ground. Geeze.

fairybasslet:
The only thing I see wrong with that video of the girl shooting was that half the time, the camera was aimed at the ground. Geeze.

I'd imagine if I was taking video of my kid shooting it wouldn't be very good either. My main concern would be watching the child, not the camera. :D

catherine96821:
Hawaii for example, has so many cultures, we just passed a local law against cooking dogs...
Oh, like any stray black dog (pronounced "blegdug") is still going to last for more than five minutes on the street in Nanakuli, Kalihi, or most any other local neighborhood. Babuyans aren't just for pigs in Hawaii...

Back
Top Bottom