Diving accident waiting to happen!! Video. Unbelievable!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.My first impression of the video is holy cow this can't be good. The hard line diver in me thinks "they should not be doing that". I should not have taken my daughter down five feet breathing off of my reg either. I know it. You know it. It is a chance I took; a chance you take; a chance they took. I think everyone who puts a regulator in their mouths and goes under water takes a chance. Some are more careless than others however. I may be full of sh...t and have a laugh at life most of the time but when I dive I take it serious. I think that is the way we keep coming back. If the video isn't fake then I would think that the diver, based on his gear, is well trained or experienced. I really don’t know if that makes it alright. If so, then at what depth is the cut off. At what age do we as a group allow such an action. The truth be told, we should only allow such action when the "child" is really an adult and can answer to the dangers of diving in the first place. I think I am an eternal student of the sport. I don’t ever want to feel like I know enough. My wife is currently off with an instructor learning to dive. I am not interfering or influencing her experience. Her training or desire is not up to me. I just hope she loves diving like I do. If not there is always gardening.

The kid could problay dive better then half on this board...

Always descending,
c.h.

Knight:
The kid could problay dive better then half on this board...

Always descending,
c.h.

:lol: Probably spell better too.:D ..just messing with you.

You sure your full-time job is not a super model? :D anyway you can mess with me on here anytime you want :)

Always descending,
c.h.

Knight:
You sure your full-time job is not a super model? :D anyway you can mess with me on here anytime you want :)

Always descending,
c.h.

:lol: No thanks, check my profile...I am a dude ,sorry don't dive that way. By the way that is Jessica Alba. My other wife.:D Isn't she fine?

:D
sasscuba:
:lol: Probably spell better too.:D ..just messing with you.

Man I know for a fact that spell checker etc. has taken a marginal speller to new lows on a daily basis. It is almost to the point that I seem to get nervous to write anything with out it anymore. Somewhere back in time I did a brain dump and was not aware. Oh well at least I and still kook:D

haha this page is halarious.

Obviously the video shows some danger, but the only thing i would be worried about is if he let go of the kid and he shot to the surface before he caught him. And to make sure the bubbles are comming out on the way up.
I would love to have done that as a kid

I look at this and, while I have done this before (myself on both ends), this child seems too young. You must not generalize, though, only a parent knows their child. The only thing that worrys me is, what if the child were to panic? Any amount of instruction above water cannot prepare anyone (let alone a child) for using an open circuit system underwater. What if the child was scared? Would he/she stop, relax, and think..."daddy told me to TELL HIM if i wanted to go up, and not to dart up" ---no he/she probably wouldn't. He/she would probably bolt. And, even at 4 feet, a direct breath-hold ascent could be fatal (to small lungs). I'm sure EXHALING will be the last thing on the child's mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom