Diving accident waiting to happen!! Video. Unbelievable!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
how deep?
Ahhhh.... the all important question, that. If the cameraman is snorkeling then it ain't quite as big a deal, is it?
Rick

What I see in this video only concerns me in that I think the task loading of the diver (extra tanks, strange arrangements, etc.) is a bit high and I feel his focus should be soley on the child, but I'm not there and don't really know the diver's skill level (and thus actual task load) or how prepared for the dive the child was.

scubalifer:
First off it is not about you. I was making a joke.

really???

:eyebrow:

Thalassamania:
Pass the Nomex<G>
Now how many divers do you reckon know what that means? Without Google?
:D
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Now how many divers do you reckon know what that means? Without Google?
:D
Rick

:lol: Only need that on the board...doesn't due you much good underwater.:D

Before anyone condemns the guy for taking his son on an introductory dive, consider this. They adult may be an instructor who instructed his kid on the art of clearing, etc...I have been an instructor since 1988. My 8 year old child begged me to take him diving. I tought him everything he needed to know for a short shallow lake dive of 10 feet. I took him under my arm, just as this guy did in the video. We both had a great dive together with absolutely no problem. Today my son is 15 years old and is a PADI Rescue Diver. Some people are fish from the beginning...we all come from the water.

Mantasea:
Before anyone condemns the guy for taking his son on an introductory dive, consider this.
They adult may be an instructor who instructed his kid on the art of clearing, etc...

you don't have to be an instructor to teach someone how to dive.

i know quite a few divers who are better divers than a lot of instructors i know. i also know quite a few divers who can "teach" something better than a lot of instructors i know...

just saying :wink:

but i agree with you. we just don't know what's going on based on the film alone.

Err ...well, there's you, an me, and maybe Firediver and, oh yes ... DA Aquamaster. I'd bet on Captain. Then maybe I'd let my voice drop.

H2Andy:
i know quite a few divers who are better divers than a lot of instructors i know. i also know quite a few divers who can "teach" something better than a lot of instructors i know...
Ain't that the truth.

superstar:

K, now we are bashing teaching children to learn to use a gun safely?

Geez guys. Lots of speculation about the setup the kid was using UW, that is one thing.

Attacking other legal activities that parents involve their children in is just out of line. Personally, I thinking teaching young people to safely handle a gun is smart, but that is just my opinion.

The gun appeared to be a .22, and the size would minimize the recoil which would make it safer for a small person. The child was obviously at a range, under the supervision of the instructor and another adult (sounded like Dad), and wearing safety protection.

Heh, she nailed those targets. I'm betting she was happy with the experience, and can not wait to get out and do it again.. maybe a future FBI agent, police woman, marksman, hunter? It's all better than a LOT of things I see kids doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom