Diving accident waiting to happen!! Video. Unbelievable!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Janni:
Not like the rest of Tennessee... humm??!?

As for the point your were trying to make... you could be on to something there. I think there is less fear and paranoia in general in those states. There's still places in the Ozarks where they hunt to eat... all on the Missouri side mind you.

Ok I just cant let this go. I mean its pretty funny and there has been quite a few well known dumb asses from our fine state that make things bad for all of us. I just can't get over the stereotyping. But that is fine I would like you to think poorly of us and stay out of our state. Its full. Its also beautiful. I hunt for food. I dont have to I love it. I eat fish. Oh MY God! My ten year old daughter is a crack shot. She has been down a few feet with me <6'. She has helped me skin deer, clean ducks, butcher squirrels, and been duck hunting with me. I have taken her to Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Key West, Bahama's. She has been professionally trained on a SSASY. Oh and I am a Doctor. I love the outside world thinking we are Gomers so maybe they will stay out of my wonderful state. A state where your neighbor will actually speak to you while looking you in the eye. Yeah he may be bare foot but he will look you in the eye just the same!:D

scubalifer:
Ok I just cant let this go. I mean its pretty funny and there has been quite a few well known dumb asses from our fine state that make things bad for all of us. I just can't get over the stereotyping. But that is fine I would like you to think poorly of us and stay out of our state. Its full. Its also beautiful. I hunt for food. I dont have to I love it. I eat fish. Oh MY God! My ten year old daughter is a crack shot. She has been down a few feet with me <6'. She has helped me skin deer, clean ducks, butcher squirrels, and been duck hunting with me. I have taken her to Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Key West, Bahama's. She has been professionally trained on a SSASY. Oh and I am a Doctor. I love the outside world thinking we are Gomers so maybe they will stay out of my wonderful state. A state where your neighbor will actually speak to you while looking you in the eye. Yeah he may be bare foot but he will look you in the eye just the same!:D

Nice first post.:shakehead

scubalifer:
Oh and I am a Doctor.

i must say you are the most un-gramatical doctor i have ever known ...

but kudos for using the phrase "dumb asses"

that must be some highly technical medical jargon thing

:wink:

H2Andy:

but kudos for using the phrase "dumb asses"

that must be some highly technical medical jargon thing

:wink:

Shouldn't that be disgramatical ? I may be poor in spelling,or sentance structure for I am no author. You know, most people's personality fits there job discription. I hope you are a proctologist because you would be doing quite well.

I perform surgery for a living and am quite good you can stand in the room and look for errors there if you would like? Also, folks from around here would not catch my spelling errors.:chicken:

Now can we talk about diving.. That is why I came back to this board in the first place. I am also a master diver who would rather be under water than almost anywhre else.

Thank you for your time.:eyebrow:

H2Andy:

At one point during my career as a medical school professor, I concluded that there are approximately 7 physicians who care a whit for spelling or grammar. I warned my students on day one that "spelling always counts" and some always ended up shocked when it transpired that I meant it. I have seen far worse spelling and grammar among my peers than what we see in scubalifer's posts.

Medical school applicants are selected primarily for tenacity and trainability rather than for intelligence per se.

scubalifer:
Shouldn't that be disgramatical ?

no, my good doctor

neither dis-gramatical nor disgramatical are words in the English language (though you may disagree with such authorities as are wont to determine such things)

you are also a master diver, you say...

would that be PADI or NAUI?

mstevens:
Medical school applicants are selected primarily for tenacity and trainability rather than for intelligence per se.

well, we lawyers have a joke:

what do you call someone who couldn't get into medical school?

a lawyer

H2Andy:
no, my good doctor

neither dis-gramatical nor disgramatical are words in the English language (though you may disagree with such authorities as are wont to determine such things)

you are also a master diver, you say...

would that be PADI or NAUI?

well, we lawyers have a joke:

what do you call someone who couldn't get into medical school?

a lawyer

First off it is not about you. I was making a joke. I regret the fact you are so literal and cant pick up on the subtleties. If you really in your heart believe I was unaware of word usage you might try watching Friday night comedy. It is FUNNY.

I will say this. I have two very good friends who are attorneys. I respect both of them because they will more than likely never be rich because they are truthful. I also have great disdain for attorneys who will knife you in the back or steal your money or chase an ambulance or try to win their case through deception. We have a great saying:

What do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the sea? A good start.
If it weren’t for lawyers we wouldn’t need lawyers.

Yes and as a class of individuals your personality types suit you. You are more than likely strong in spelling, grammar, and history. I on the other hand can work with large numbers in mathematical sentences while driving. I am a gifted surgeon. Or would you rather I spell. Next time you require surgery, ask your surgeon to submit to a spelling exam just before you go under. It will be a hoot. ( another joke type entry ):lol3:

scubalifer:
First off it is not about you. I was making a joke. I regret the fact you are so literal and cant pick up on the subtleties. If you really in your heart believe I was unaware of word usage you might try watching Friday night comedy. It is FUNNY.

I will say this. I have two very good friends who are attorneys. I respect both of them because they will more than likely never be rich because they are truthful. I also have great disdain for attorneys who will knife you in the back or steal your money or chase an ambulance or try to win their case through deception. We have a great saying:

What do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the sea? A good start.
If it weren’t for lawyers we wouldn’t need lawyers.

Yes and as a class of individuals your personality types suit you. You are more than likely strong in spelling, grammar, and history. I on the other hand can work with large numbers in mathematical sentences while driving. I am a gifted surgeon. Or would you rather I spell. Next time you require surgery, ask your surgeon to submit to a spelling exam just before you go under. It will be a hoot. ( another joke type entry ):lol3:
What does a lawyer and one sperm have in common? Each have a one in a billion chance of becoming a human being.
Bill R.N./NAUI Inst

I'm with DA, I started diving at 6. My son is 9 and dives. I think that you will find that the children of most of the "Diving Role Models" from Cousteau forward, all learned to dive between 6 and 10. Children, at least those who are comfortable in the water and are fearless swimmers, do not seem to have any problem with ear clearing and holding their breath.

Pass the Nomex<G>

Thalassamania:
I'm with DA, I started diving at 6. My son is 9 and dives. I think that you will find that the children of most of the "Diving Role Models" from Cousteau forward, all learned to dive between 6 and 10. Children, at least those who are comfortable in the water and are fearless swimmers, do not seem to have any problem with ear clearing and holding their breath.

Pass the Nomex<G>

This is a very interesting thread. I think the intention of the OP is clear from the title of the original post: Diving Accident waiting to happen.

There is, in my opinion, nothing against children LEARNING to dive. But this way? I don't think so.

Thalassamania, you now have as part of your signature line, the link to that other very informative thread "To those considering an OW class..". By having that link in your signature line, I think you support the opinion expressed there about better certifying standards. If that is true do you think what you see in this video is right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom