Diveyak-Sunday 5/30 Hibiscus/Datura 9AM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
My personal weatherman sez it's going to be a glorious weekend, and now that we have some diveyakers (and real kayaks as well) online, maybe Sunday would be a good day to put an armada together and storm the outer reef?

Here's the dive-plan I have in mind... I'll swim out to find the current about 8AM and then we can decide whether to head north or south to drift-dive back "home" from one direction or the other. My objectives would be to hit one of the two best spots I've found so far, start there and then drift back to Hibiscus & then retrieve the drop-car(s).

Let's talk about ice chests, x-tra tanks, etc... if we're all solo maybe we can do 2-tanks each with a brief surface party in between. A DAY ON THE WATER!

Datura/Hibiscus are the first two streets south of Commercial Blvd. (Angler's Pier). I live on Hibiscus, but both streets are close. My cell 954/649/0666.

If only I had a kayak.

I'll be looking for you guys to pass overhead while I'm out there on the first reef. May take out the video camera if it's nice this weekend.

Hey Mike, tell your "weatherman" and Marvel that if I'm out there this weekend we can take care of thier Nitrox class.

PS - is this threadjacking???

Joe.....Dive Yak is the type of Yakking one does throught a regulator exhaust valve. Often follows an extra helping of something spicy. See also "tossing cookies" or "feeding the fish".

A DiveYak, however is an inflatable kayak that is as manuverable as a B-52 in convenience store isles, but heck of a lot of fun to dive off of. If I had the money, I'd buy one today. Been wanting to for 8 months now.

ReefTrekker:
A DiveYak, however is an inflatable kayak that is as manuverable as a B-52 in convenience store isles, but heck of a lot of fun to dive off of. If I had the money, I'd buy one today. Been wanting to for 8 months now.
Mike,
I was just too excited about the chance to meet you guys and didn’t pay attention for the kayak part of the diving.
I will be happy to do a shore diving under you if anyone is interested.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom