Divetank closes its doors... what gives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.M.O.H.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a direct quote from their main page:

After 10 years supplying scuba gear, Divetank is has decided to close it's doors. To serve our scuba customers, Divetank has chosen the industry customer service leader ScubaToys.com to help our customers scuba gear needs. If you are looking for the best service, price and selection on scuba gear, you won't be dissapointed when you deal with ScubaToys.

..sorry to all if it is "old news"...

Scubatoys only is taking over their online business. Not their entire store. This from a quote from Larry on the ST forum last week or earlier this week.

according to his post, he's not taking over their inventory because "they didn't have any".

Apparently all the poor customer service threads and the problems with getting credit card refunds listed in threads utimately should have been the "signal" that they apparently had other problems.

reference starting at about post #12 of this thread Scubatoys website issue? - ScubaToys Diving Forum

Scubatoys only is taking over their online business. Not their entire store. This from a quote from Larry on the ST forum last week or earlier this week.

according to his post, he's not taking over their inventory because "they didn't have any".

Apparently all the poor customer service threads and the problems with getting credit card refunds listed in threads utimately should have been the "signal" that they apparently had other problems.

reference starting at about post #12 of this thread Scubatoys website issue? - ScubaToys Diving Forum
Gotcha, i kinda had that feeling that something was going south, but didn't think they were going to go out of business. Anyway thanks for info.

Let me rephrase that... I don't know that saying "Scubatoys taking over their online business" is the proper way to phrase that.

they might just be buying the domain name or something. Taking over their online business implies they might be taking over the entire online operation, which might not be true.

I just don't want to say something incorrectly or try to speak for Larry for what he's doing...

Ah... that explains a lot.

Oh wow...I had no idea! I have bought several Bare products from them and always had pretty good service...Sad to hear!

Well.... this should be a sign for the industry and how our economy is operating.

Dive Tank was a decent sized shop that was well known, especially for AL/Sunnto products and drysuit sales.

For them to go out of business just shows the stress that the rest of the dive industry is under. When things like gas prices limit your every day expenses and limit your dive trips, it's also going to limit dive equipment sales.

I don't think theres a dive shop out there, on Scubaboard or other, that would deny that they are seeing an economic downturn at their cash register.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom