Divetank closes its doors... what gives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well.... this should be a sign for the industry and how our economy is operating.

Dive Tank was a decent sized shop that was well known, especially for AL/Sunnto products and drysuit sales.

For them to go out of business just shows the stress that the rest of the dive industry is under. When things like gas prices limit your every day expenses and limit your dive trips, it's also going to limit dive equipment sales.

I don't think theres a dive shop out there, on Scubaboard or other, that would deny that they are seeing an economic downturn at their cash register.

Maybe so but we don't really know what caused the demise of divetank. Maybe sales were down and it wasn't generating enough revenue for the owner. Maybe there were supplier problems and either they couldn't get supply or lost favorable pricing levels. Maybe they lost their credit card gateway because of chargebacks. Maybe the owner just found something better to do.

Well, at least I won't have to worry about the US dollar falling vs. the Canadian dollar anymore...

Maybe so but we don't really know what caused the demise of divetank. Maybe sales were down and it wasn't generating enough revenue for the owner. Maybe there were supplier problems and either they couldn't get supply or lost favorable pricing levels. Maybe they lost their credit card gateway because of chargebacks. Maybe the owner just found something better to do.

True... we don't really know what cause the demise of Dive tank.

But you don't shoot your best horse and bury it if he's winning all the races.

Wow. I should have bought that DUI CF200X from Richard 6 months ago. It was a great price but I figured the deal would still be around in a year.:shakehead:

I believe from what Larry said at STs is that STs bought DiveTanks database site since DiveTanks database had a lot of the same gear STs sells and just hadn't been added (manually) to STs database. So they imported all the DiveTank's database into STs database. If you noticed a few weeks ago, they had posted they were updating the site and a few products were missing or not working properly on the site.

Correct me if I'm wrong Larry. :)

Michael

So much for the sales deals like free seals for life on the drysuits....

There goes my free batteries for lifetime on my (well I've sold it.) Suunto Vyper computer. :)

Wow. I should have bought that DUI CF200X from Richard 6 months ago. It was a great price but I figured the deal would still be around in a year.:shakehead:

You might be looking at the drysuit you got at a good price today... or you might be standing in line with the other creditors.

So much for the sales deals like free seals for life on the drysuits....

Yeah, on those lifetime warranties and free parts deals I always wonder whose life they are talking about.

You might be looking at the drysuit you got at a good price today... or you might be standing in line with the other creditors.

I was wondering with the stories of "I can't get my credit card refund from Dive Tank" if they closed and left any charges to anyone that never got settled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom