Diver lost in 100' off Juno Beach, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops

Blacklight Poster
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
Diver Disappears Off Juno Beach Pier - West Palm Beach News Story - WPBF West Palm Beach
Diver Disappears Off Juno Beach Pier
Coast Guard, Police Search For Woman

POSTED: 5:35 pm EDT August 29, 2008
UPDATED: 5:36 pm EDT August 29, 2008

JUNO BEACH, Fla. -- A diver disappeared in waters off the Juno Beach Pier Friday, prompting a search by the U.S. Coast Guard and local authorities.

Authorities are searching for a woman last seen wearing a black wet suit with a white tank. She was diving in about 100 feet of water using a multicolored dive flag on Friday.

Deputies are encouraging any boaters in the area to be aware of the search and contact them if they see anything.

I hope it is a mistake.

Unfortunately it's not a mistake.

I found out I know the missing diver. She was diving off a commercial boat just inside Hole in the Wall and she is very experienced (dive count likely in the thousands). I pray they find her on the surface. She was last seen by her buddy (at 70') as they ascended together in poor viz and got separated. There were no other issues reported by her buddy other than the crappy viz and separation in the top of the water column.

I sorry to hear that, I hope she is found in good condition.

Brian,

I hope good news comes about soon. Thoughts from the "Far East" that they find your friend soon.

Arizona

Bummer. Hope they find your friend in good shape soon...

Sorry and praying.

Divers planning on Jupiter this weekend may wish to call ahead. Boat operators typically go out on the search and don't take customers.

This sucks.

Missing diver's body found West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Treasure Coast local news, weather, live radar, investigative from Newschannel 5 | WPTV.com

Missing diver's body found
Last Update: 2:06 pm
JUNO BEACH, FL--The body of a 51-year-old Jupiter diver was located by fellow divers around noon today.

51-year-old Eve Schwartz went out on the dive vessel Blue Tang on Friday afternoon with her fiance and family friend but never resurfaced after the dive.

A search that included units with the U.S. Coast Guard, Florida Fish & Wildlife and Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office was issued and concluded this afternoon.

Schwartz's body will be transported to the Palm Beach Medical Examiner's Office.

Back
Top Bottom