Diver Kat's December 2011 in Cozumel list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! what a deal...$300 per person for a week of AI ?? Unheard of !! Lucky you...now how about posting something about your dives.:D
Now you know why we couldnt turn down the AI ....

Dives have been great .... broke my longest dive record .... new record: 1 hour 45 minutes on Columbia Shallows. Yesterday we spotted a Lionfish on Palancar Horseshoe, so A gets out her Hawaiian sling to spear the guy. Before she could make sure it was dead a big fish came along and grabbed it off the slong. It was hysterical. He followed us for the next 45 minutes hoping for more I guess.

So far we seen lots of rays (no Eagles), turtles, grouper - including a couple of real big boys!, 3 splendid toadfish, a few jumbo barracudas, the usual array of lobster, grunts, snapper & other misc. Water readings for me have been 80-81, but I'm doing fine in a shorty. Water viz has been so-so with lots of particulate floating. Current, mostly mild. Yesterday afternoon, just as we returned to FA, the rains started and we had some heavy downpours on & off. This morning is sunny - so fra - but the clouds are all around us.

We might go north to see the Eagles tomorrow, but it's not 100% decided yet. Today I'm hoping for Santa Rosa ..... we go every year to look for the DH's missing wedding ring! (He lost it there a few years back!):shocked2:

Awesome stuff Kat!!!! 1hr 45mins???? WOW!!!!!
Yup! All my dives have been over 1 hour, even after dropping to 90 feet on Santa Rosa Wall today. One of the nice things about diving with Alison is you dive your tank/computer. If you have air and your computer says your good, you just keep going!!

Today was another couple great dives. We did San Francisco Wall as the 2nd dive. Current was on & off on both walls, so we did some great flying. Lots of large grouper out and knocked off two more Lionfish. First one a Mutton Snapper got, but the 2nd one a Triggerfish decided to grab and then another Trigger came over and they started fighting over it. Was very cool!!

Todays sightings - nurse shark, teeny tiny baby Southern Stingray, spotted eel, 3 turtles, 1 huge grouper (along with misc. other big guys), a few noisy barracuda and lots of other neighborhood fish!!

Almost time for you December guys to start heading this way!!

Last day on the boat, but another set of great dives!! Did Palancar Bricks and French Reef. I think I got some good pictures - lots of rays, a small turtle (as well as a few regular sized ones!) a couple nurse sharks, a few big crabs, and another Lionfish kill. These were dives #399 & 400, so Carlos covered the boat in blue balloons and we had a little cake with candles on the way back to FA. (I hope Carlos does NOT learn to upload video from his phone! We were wearing party hats and blowing horns!!)

Almost time for you December guys to start heading this way!!

Last day on the boat, but another set of great dives!! Did Palancar Bricks and French Reef. I think I got some good pictures - lots of rays, a small turtle (as well as a few regular sized ones!) a couple nurse sharks, a few big crabs, and another Lionfish kill. These were dives #399 & 400, so Carlos covered the boat in blue balloons and we had a little cake with candles on the way back to FA. (I hope Carlos does NOT learn to upload video from his phone! We were wearing party hats and blowing horns!!)

WOOHOO. Congrats on the big 400!! And I will help Carlos with the upload when we get there.....

Diver Kat:)

Congratulations on number 400! Sounds like you are having a great time. Still no eagle rays for Pidgiepoo???

Colin

I was roaming through some files, and I think I found a baby picture of CV...

Attachments

• Baby Boozer.jpg
    Baby Boozer.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 144
And just so you can all recognise me at El Moro and Wet Wendys...

Attachments

• Self Portrait.jpg
    Self Portrait.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 135
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom