Diver Initials on Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just use the reflective mailbox letters from lowes or home depot. Small size for can light, I think the medium size for Al40s and the bigger letters for Al80s. I use my initials.

Also curious as to marking the gas contents for back gas. My Deco rig is appropriately marked.

For back gas you use Duct tape with the MOD large in the middle and the following in the corners (pressure, contents, PO2 and date/initials) right?

I use painters tape instead of duct so it doesn't leave residue

My little brother is quite adept with an air gun, and I am having him design and paint my nickname on my bottles. Should be pretty spiffy. We'll clean them off real well, and the air brushing shouldn't be a problem at all. If it is, well tanks get refinished, and I'll have him do it again

gas%20analysis%20tape.jpg

or Blue painters tape... which ever is available

I find the GUE labels way too noisy.

White duct tape. The O2 analysis goes in the middle, with a decimal point (even if it is .0) to indicate that it is from analysis as opposed to a request to fill that mix. Under it I put date and initials on either side. Above and to the right I put MOD. Exactly the same sticker goes on the crown of deco/stage bottles where you are able to read it (for yourself) underwater.

I don't bother with marking psi, that might be more important on project dives with beach crew needing to see proper stickers dated the same day and that they were pressure checked to be full.

White duct tape. The O2 analysis goes in the middle, with a decimal point (even if it is .0) to indicate that it is from analysis as opposed to a request to fill that mix. Under it I put date and initials on either side. Above and to the right I put MOD. Exactly the same sticker goes on the crown of deco/stage bottles where you are able to read it (for yourself) underwater.

I don't bother with marking psi, that might be more important on project dives with beach crew needing to see proper stickers dated the same day and that they were pressure checked to be full.

d
Also curious as to marking the gas contents for back gas. My Deco rig is appropriately marked.

For back gas you use Duct tape with the MOD large in the middle and the following in the corners (pressure, contents, PO2 and date/initials) right?
This goes on the crown of the tank
gasanalysistaperoll.jpg

yeah, i think it's overkill for most. It's designed for EE I'd guess, here's what one employee posted that needs to be filled from this weekend only. They're obviously filling partial bottles at a time, switching gas, then filling again, then topping off, etc-
168170_1820826483519_1325896489_32072803_1735427_n.jpg

photo.php

Last edited:
any font that is sans-serifs would be acceptable on my team.
no italics.

so something like this for your next batch?

cooltext497841289.png

I like the gue tape. it does has some fields I don't bother with though.
date, percentages and initials are all i put on there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom