Diver accident in Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobmaggi:
My wifes condition continues to improve slowly. The fever appears to have broken and the pneumonia taken care of. Depending on how she responds, they are planning removing the ventilator in a couple of days and also start bringing her up out of the induced coma. Hopefully she will wake up without any memory of the events since the accident.

Bob

Very good to hear! Thank you for the update. My thoughts continue with you and your wife.

Paula

bobmaggi:
My wifes condition continues to improve slowly. The fever appears to have broken and the pneumonia taken care of. Depending on how she responds, they are planning removing the ventilator in a couple of days and also start bringing her up out of the induced coma. Hopefully she will wake up without any memory of the events since the accident.

Bob

Best wishes going your way. Thank you for your continued posts.

Bob, will she have any permanent lung, or other damage?

pilot fish:
Bob, will she have any permanent lung, or other damage?
Hey pilotfish!

Give it a rest already will ya.

He'll let us know when and if he's ready to.

I can be one of the worst about blurting out my thoughts at times. I am sure that Pilotfish joins the rest of us in our concern for Maggi's speedy and rewarding recovery.

pilot fish:
Not having O2 on a 6 pac boat is understandable, due to limited space, but not having one on a large, lumbering, cattle diveboat is unforgivable. It is a good idea to ask if the boat has O2, but, as Don says, what can you do if they don't? It seems like such a necessary item to have onboard that not having it is such an obvious lapse in safety.

Limited space? A smaller O2 unit takes up less room than an aluminum 80!

No dive boat should be without O2.

But as they say, you can wish in one hand...

May God be with both of you. I hope your wife recovers soon and you are feeling good..... clay

divetahoe:
Glad you and your wife are doing as well as can be expected.

On another note, that was an awesome display of clear-headed thinking and reaction on your part. There is absolutely no doubt you saved her life. Period. Anyone would be very lucky to have you as a dive buddy, I know I would feel that way.

DITTO!!!

Regards,

Bob,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you both are doing. I'm sure you would rather be at her bedside and I just wanted to express (for all of us here on SB) how greatful we are that you take the time to continue to post. Let us also remind you to stop and take a few moments for yourself. These asre very hard times and you must not forget to take care of yourself too. I cannot imagine all the difficulties you face with each passing day, please let us know if there is anything we can do for either of you. and remember our prayers go with you.

Ken

nauidiver2004:
Bob,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you both are doing. I'm sure you would rather be at her bedside and I just wanted to express (for all of us here on SB) how greatful we are that you take the time to continue to post. Let us also remind you to stop and take a few moments for yourself. These asre very hard times and you must not forget to take care of yourself too. I cannot imagine all the difficulties you face with each passing day, please let us know if there is anything we can do for either of you. and remember our prayers go with you.

Ken

Bob

What more can I say - you did great and I'd be a lucky man to buddy you. Sharing what must be an incredibly harrowing period with an online group of strangers in the hope that they may one day benefit from your misfortune humbles us all.

My thoughts are with you both.

Larry

DandyDon:
I can be one of the worst about blurting out my thoughts at times. I am sure that Pilotfish joins the rest of us in our concern for Maggi's speedy and rewarding recovery.

I do indeed, Don. Right now the major concern is that she make a full recovery. Bob's post has helped us all as divers. What scares me about this incident is that it happened with such experienced and dedicated buddies, so close to each other.

Back
Top Bottom