Divemaster...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm doing it in the Spring - 2006, and am excited about it. My instructor is combining it with assistant instructor so that if I want to, can go even further than DM........let me know how you do and what was hard about it :)

Well a new update....Have completed the majority of the practicles now, did the swimming tests aswell.So thats one weight off my mind, the open waters we had all passed, it was amazing how proud I felt of them! I was really pleased and they all got very high marks. I have been out diving every day, which has been great, we had to assist with a real rescue yesterday, as we were on the medes islands, and the wind picked up, there was a fairly strong current, we all managed to get back to the bouy line, however there was another 2 boats out and some independant divers, didn´t make it and they were being hurled at the rocks by the waves, so I jumped in the zodiak, with an instructor, and we helped locate other divers still in the water. However, another zodiak came along, from another dive centre, and towed a diver to his boat, doing so, the guy held the rope wrong, the rope pulled, taking his thumb with it. Pretty horrendous , however, although he lost his thumb, it could have been a lot worse.The dive was a good one, though, we saw hundreds of barracuda, all feeding and some really big groupers. My instructors have all said that my skills as a diver, are coming along well, and I´m very responsible with the open waters etc... So I´m feeling good about that. This weekend its head in the books some more, that part of things isn´t coming along too great, but I am trying!
I also had my first experience the other day of nitrogen narcosis....how horrible.! One of the instructors and I went and did a deep dive, and well..to put it this way, I don´t want to get it again!!! Its amazing how different it can affect you though, I did the same dive a while ago, and felt great down there..however this time I just wanted to get out and on to the boat...So until next time!!!! hahahahaha ....Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom