DiveAssure vs Dan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So does my Visa card, but I won't do that. I'd have to pay in full, then file claims with forms in whatever language, and who knows what next.

Good luck on the rest.

Was hoping DAN would take the hassle out of filling in forms and gathering other documents as done with VISA.
So the decision is to get reimbursed by DAN or VISA (primary coverages outside U.S.) after you pay out of pocket or avoid the hassle and purchase a CDW from car rental company and let them deal with it.

Bummer, I hate paying extra for something I already have! $6-10/day is money I would rather spend on something else.

My DAN insurance covers my Obamacare deductible, which is significant. If I'm overseas and don't have insurance, DAN covers the whole nut. The 60something bucks I pay for it is well worth it.

My DAN insurance covers my Obamacare deductible, which is significant. If I'm overseas and don't have insurance, DAN covers the whole nut. The 60something bucks I pay for it is well worth it.

Are you referring to dive insurance or travel insurance. Cheapest thing I see for a single person for either type is $75.

Dive insurance. It's been a long time since I paid that bill myself, like 20 years. Maybe the price changed over time?

I was looking at the DiveAssure website this morning and there was a statement that "**Please note- coverage is only available when diving outside the United States of America." Is this a recent change in their dive insurance coverage?

I was looking at the DiveAssure website this morning and there was a statement that "**Please note- coverage is only available when diving outside the United States of America." Is this a recent change in their dive insurance coverage?

DAN insurance is valid both IN and OUTSIDE the U.S. Make sure you know what you are buying

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I was told that DAN requires you to pay your medical expenses then submit a claim for reimbursement while Dive Assure covers the cost directly. Is this accurate?

LOL welll maybe that explains the super weird email letter I got from DAN yesterday, reassuring me that my diving in the US is covered. Smh

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I was told that DAN requires you to pay your medical expenses then submit a claim for reimbursement while Dive Assure covers the cost directly. Is this accurate?
I think that depends more on the medical facility. In an emergency, either than be asked to wire funds to the facility.

LOL welll maybe that explains the super weird email letter I got from DAN yesterday, reassuring me that my diving in the US is covered. Smh
Mine was personalized. "Dear Don" :cool:

LOL, so was mine . .er . .not dear Don, more like Dear Chilly,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom