Dive Wimberly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

naimis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I haven't been out to "Blue Hole" in Wimberly since long before I started diving, but the recent "extreme cave diving" episode on NOVA made me think about it. Has anyone been diving out there? A quick search turned up a smattering of comments about Jacob's Well, but I wasn't able to find any mention of Blue Hole.

It's not really deep enough to dive. Good for a swim on a hot summer day though...

Blue Hole of Wimberley Reviews and Photos, Wimberley - IgoUgo

That said 13' max. When I was there last summer (drought) Cypress Creek and the Blanco were both just strips of mud. There were small trees growing in the middle of the river, so there hadn't been much water for a good while. Haven't been back since it started raining.

I thought it was a lot deeper than that. Oh, well. Disappointing, but at least it saves me from making a pointless trip.

A dive is at least 15 feet for 15 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom