Review Nitescuba G20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Out of the blue I was sent one of these, received yesterday took some at home pics until I can dive it in a few weeks.

its listed as 2000 lumen (hi) with a green laser (laser) type addition.

these are some quick outside pics lighting up my pump house across the field, it’s very bright and a whiter light than my orca 710.
IMG_9286.jpeg

laser with the main light
IMG_9289.jpeg

laser alone
IMG_9284.jpeg

the light has 4 steps, hi, med, low and green laser (they don’t call it a laser but it sure seems to function as one) and you can activate the green dot by double clicking the button with the light on.

not a big cumbersome light, here it is next to the orca 710 and an old scubapro nova
IMG_9290.jpeg

a single 26650 battery, charger and common lanyard come with the light, for about $70 on Amazon!

I haven’t had it in the water yet but all of my nitescuba lights have been great, worth a look.

some dive pics to follow, soon I hope but the ocean is not accepting visitors for the next 10 days or so.

Attachments

• IMG_9285.jpeg
    IMG_9285.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 29
This sounds like a decent light so far. Thank you for sharing.I found these additional facts on their website.

* Uses Luminus LED, max 3000 lumens

* Uses 1 * 21700 Li-ion battery

* 6° beam angle

* Offers four exterior color options: Black, Red, Green and Blue

* Easy operation with side titanium alloy push-button switch

* Safe lock function, prevents misoperation

* Intelligent Over-Heat protection

* Battery indicator

* Water pressure resistant construction, depth rated to 150 meters

* Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation

* Over-discharge protection function

* Constructed from high-strength A6061-T6 aluminum

* Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized finish for durability and corrosion resistance

* Two sides coated toughened glass with high water pressure resistance under deep water

This sounds like a decent light so far. Thank you for sharing.I found these additional facts on their website.

* Uses Luminus LED, max 3000 lumens

* Uses 1 * 21700 Li-ion battery

* 6° beam angle

* Offers four exterior color options: Black, Red, Green and Blue

* Easy operation with side titanium alloy push-button switch

* Safe lock function, prevents misoperation

* Intelligent Over-Heat protection

* Battery indicator

* Water pressure resistant construction, depth rated to 150 meters

* Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation

* Over-discharge protection function

* Constructed from high-strength A6061-T6 aluminum

* Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized finish for durability and corrosion resistance

* Two sides coated toughened glass with high water pressure resistance under deep water
Specs for the D710 which is a nice light too, I have two of those.

The G20 is a very nice dive light, fairly compact
SportDiver_20240210_104719.jpeg

A good powerful beam
SportDiver_20240210_104619.jpeg

SportDiver_20240210_104546.jpeg

And the added green laser for pointing out specific things a bit more specifically
SportDiver_20240210_103025.jpeg

SportDiver_20240210_103031.jpeg

For the price a pretty nice and useful light, can even be fun moving to dot around randomly to play with your buddy like a cat. :wink:

Beam looks much wider than 6 degrees, any night pictures while diving?
I think it is wider but not sure, I rarely nite dive in Monterey and yesterday was sunny with good (ish) viz.

I think it is wider but not sure, I rarely nite dive in Monterey and yesterday was sunny with good (ish) viz.

I'm looking for a medium width light so this might be worth a shot. My super tight can light is great for signaling but I want something to mount on a DPV and give a wider beam.

I have found a few different 710 models. Some with laser, some not. Which one is this that you are reviewing?

I have found a few different 710 models. Some with laser, some not. Which one is this that you are reviewing?
This is a different brand, nitescuba G20.

I'm looking for a medium width light so this might be worth a shot. My super tight can light is great for signaling but I want something to mount on a DPV and give a wider beam.
Any of the Nitescuba would be great on the nose of a dpv as far as width and brightness goes. I use an S20 as my primary and an Orca D530 (I think) on the scoot. I like the orca best for a scoot mount because it is a single press to turn on vs the long press for Nitescuba lights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom