Dive Texoma:) November 21st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all!
It's been a while since I've posted, been busy with the little Kunk's lately. A small group of us are getting together to dive Texoma November the 21st. Warm, or cold, Rain or shine. Kunk35 is itching to get into some water, so whatever the weather, he will be going. After dive one, everyone will be coming over to the Kunk house to warm up by the fire, and chow down on tasty treats. (we're about 10 minutes from Eisenhower) Dive two is optional. I think we will plan on 9:00 a.m. for meeting up out at Eisenhower park, the swim beach. Anyone that wants to join us crazy Lake Texoma divers is welcome. You are all also welcome to come to the house afterwards. I'll have dry towels, warm fire, and brownies waiting.:D

Rhonda

i've always wondered, how is diving texoma?

me and my buddies are newly certified and have been itching to get wet for some time now, wouldn't happen to have room for new divers would ya? we're looking to learn, and gain experience any way we can. =)

We're always ready to dive with new divers, and make new friends! Some people love Texoma, some people hate it. (that second person would be me!) If you don't mind night diving in the middle of the day at about 30 feet, then it won't bother you. Sometimes the vis is okay, I've seen it at about 4 to 5 feet, and I've seen it worse. If the vis is good, Texoma does make for an interesting dive, since it's all pretty new, and hasn't been dove very much. There are a lot of spooky looking tree trunks, and some very big catfish. Some people like my husband and his dive friends, get such a kick out of just being underwater they love it no matter what the vis is. :D It just depends on why you like to dive, if you want to see pretty fish, and nice scenery, then Texoma is not for you. If you like dark, muddy, water, and get a kick out of just blowing bubbles for the heck of it, then you might like it. I have to warn you though, the path down to the water involves what we all like to call the thousand steps of pain. They aren't so bad going down, but coming back up is another story. All in all, it's not a bad dive, and it's always interesting, even if the vis is bad. Come on out and join us!

Rhonda

I have to warn you though, the path down to the water involves what we all like to call the thousand steps of pain. They aren't so bad going down, but coming back up is another story. All in all, it's not a bad dive, and it's always interesting, even if the vis is bad. Come on out and join us!

Rhonda

Particularly in steel doubles and a neo dry suit.......OUCH! :depressed:

I think some of us need clarification on the "My husband and his dive friends..." comment. Are we not your friend also. Is there something about us that separates us from other groups.

Newbies... If you go for no other reason go for the brownies... And it appers the accomodations maybe such that the AMish will be there...

Charlie

Of course everyone we have dove with we consider our "dive friends", that means you Charlie!

Rhonda

How many have indicated a vote if you will to make your kind offer? :)

I too am ready for those dang steps back up the mountain!!!!!

Rain/sleet/snow/cold,are not an issue ,,,, maybe 'black ice' will keep me away. :shocked2:

I'll be there!!:D

Oh yeah, I'm hosting.....

By the way, when you guys see the garage, not my fault. Rhonda and Ryan have trashed it with kitchen painting garb, and I'm not cleaning it up!

Back
Top Bottom