Dive/Snorkel Shops on Oahu???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone! I will be traveling to Waikiki the last week of this month (July) and I would love to go Scuba diving. I have NEVER done it before and am looking for a shop that will provide great customer service. My situation is a little bit different... I am bringing my wife and three other friends. One of my friends is pregnant and thus can't dive but she would very much like to come on the boat and snorkel. We don't want her alone so one of us will stay with her. I noticed that many shops offer introductory dives that include two dives. My wife has agreed to snorkel during one dive and my friend Amanda will snorkel another so that Mandy (pregnant) won't be alone yet they both will get to experience one dive.
I know some shop owners visit this forum so if this is something you can provide I would be GREATLY appreciative. Not one of us has ever been diving before. I am very excited about this and plan on getting certified at a later date (when I have time) and then returning quite often to Hawaii as we purchased a timeshare in Waikiki last year. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

http://kaimanadivers.com

Gabe is awesome. And what's even cooler is that his customer service rocks....not many other shops and/or instructors can say that for themselves around here. No idea if he does the snorkeling gig though...

I second HUE's rec. of kaimana divers. Gabe rocks :14:

i never had the chance to chk out HUE (although it's on my list) but i did dive with Island Divers and had a great experience... Just thought i'd throw that in

Ocean Concepts has top-notch customer service as well; we've enjoyed every dive with them and their people are generally fantastic. My wife and I are both somewhat experienced divers at this point, so I'm not up to speed on their intro programs, but I would strongly recommend giving them a call and explaining your desires. If they can accomodate, they will. Jen, Jo, and Carlos are all great instructors we've personally dove with, and I believe Jen often handles the intro program so she'd be perfect. Really a great outfit.

Scuba Diving Oahu with Ocean Concepts Hawaii - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom