Dive sites//charters solo diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shawn maybe you can do some stuff like Johm stosil's GIVE ME A BREAK on 20/20.

K valve
If my memory serves me correctly your a school principle. Here is a scenario that should hit home. A school teacher loses their cool and hits a student for whatever reason. Now a lawsuit is filed against the school district. Do you think it is fair that the taxpayers in that school district be held financially liable for what that teacher did.
Granted the teacher should be punished for their action if found guilty. But making the homeowner/taxpayer on Elm street pay the court settlement for what teacher did is insane. That is what I am talking about: accountably for ones action. NOT everyone accountable for the the ones action.
I don't disagree with you one bit. In a perfect world we would all be accountable for our own actions. In my will I state that if I should die while diving there will be no suing of anyone for any reason. On the other hand, I carry dive insurance to protect me and the LDS I work with in case someone else dies and their family sues me and the shop owner.

Unfortunately, our world is far from perfect...although I might add that not being perfect is one thing that keeps it interesting. :wink:

Here's a real life situation for you. I was once named in a lawsuit filed by an employee. She felt she was treated unfairly and that there was some kind of conspiracy to not allow her to transfer out of the school. The fact of the matter was she was a horrible teacher and no one wanted her. I would have gladly paid someone to take the nut case. Keeping her there was the farthest thing from my mind. :wink:

When she filed the suit she named other employees of the school, me, several HR folks, the head of the elementary division, two asst. superintendents and the superintendent. There was no conspiracy to keep her at the school. Most of these people could care less where she taught. Yet they were all named in the suit. She didn't win, but the legal system let the case go to trial. It cost the district many thousands of dollars in legal fees and man hours...ridiculous. That is the kind of world we live in, and that's why we take steps to protect ourselves.

Let's all vote for :us:Ron Paul:us:. He'll put an end to all these crazy rules!!:D

Unfortunately, our world is far from perfect...although I might add that not being perfect is one thing that keeps it interesting. :wink:

You are being too rational for this discussion. :rofl3:

When do we get a trip report of Media Luna buddy. :)

Shawn

You are being too rational for this discussion. :rofl3:

When do we get a trip report of Media Luna buddy. :)

Shawn

Work is killing me. The place practically fell apart while I was gone! :( The kids fared well, but the adults, as is the norm, didn't do so good.

I'll confer with Brandon and we'll get something up today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom