Dive-Rite BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpurdie

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a new BC, I currently have an Aqualung Patriot. But living in the northern US I do most of my diving on trips to warmer climates, I like the back inflation and currently use 18lbs with my 3mm wetsuit, I'm looking at the Dive-Rite TransPac with the Travel Wing. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this config? Thanks!

Personally, I like the Transpac with Travel Wing - it would be perfect for "warmer climates". I'm sure you are going to get a lot of feedback from backplate/wing advocates though! If you want to look at those, the Halcyon MC System/Eclipse wing or OMS's Backplate/comfort harness/single tank Travel BC are good. I have not used the OMS setup but have heard good things.

Search for Transpac in the forum. You'll find a lot of feedbacks.
I have one with a Venture wing that's similar to Travel but more robust and can be used with a BP.

as predicted..........consider the TransPlate as well. I was at first worried when I got it that the metal plate would be heck on my back....it isnt. Plus the plate will allow you to take off a few pounds weight as well.... look at.....
www.northeastscubasupply.com for a good price. And it is fully warranteed by DR
rich

I've used a TransPac II for about 4 years with an AL 80 and like it. There are those that don't like the plastic/nylon fast clips but I never had a problem with them.

I have a Transpac II with Rec Wings. I find this to be a good set up for singles, and an excellent choice for double tanks as well.

Bill H:
I have a Transpac II with Rec Wings. I find this to be a good set up for singles, and an excellent choice for double tanks as well.

I just bought a BP/W setup but I had a Transpac II with a Rec Wing and I absolutely loved it. I like my BP/W better now because I have gone to doubles but the Transpac II was great for single tanks and I got a good 100 dives out of it without any problems. Good idea and good buy to go with a Transpac II

I second the transplate with the venture wing. Just returned from Key Largo. Robust, single tank wing setup that is versatile and simple.

I rented the Transpac and also did the first part of my OW with it until I purchase the BP. I liked it and it cleaned up well. Some of the BC's my daughter has tried out is a real bear to rinse out.

DrDuktayp

After years with a ScubaPro X-tek (ripoff design of earlier TransPac I), I finally switched to a TransPac 2 with those wonderfully snug TravelWings. They're amazingly compact, and all you'll ever need for single tank tropical diving. The TransPac 2 is one of the few non-BP/wing rigs endorsed by virtually everyone on this board; you should like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom