Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

25 Sept 09
Boneyard w/ Aristakat & Capt. Jamie

Winds SE 5mph, shifting around to SW @ mid day
Seas 1-2 ft
Tide
Viz ~3 ft
We are still seeing a few jellies but it's not a problem so far. We had 5 divers today and I think everyone found teeth including several 2"-3" megs and a couple of Mako teeth. A great day of diving had by all.

Viz is only 3 ft.? I thought with this week of east winds it would be better.

Welp, did the blocks at S Brohard this am. Wind was nonexistent when I entered, turned SW by the time I came out. Vis was 3 - 5 ft. Disappointing but doable. Water temp 84. Max depth 18 ft. I saw no jellies but spoke with another yak diver who had gone 1 mile out & he was stung.

26-Sep-2009:
- Service Club @ 11:30 am
- light winds (5-10 kts) from the SW, had been mostly from the east during the last week
- more/less flat seas
- vis 3' max, often 1-2' in 21' of water mainly because of vast quantities of floc (whale snot as the locals call it)

- probably one of those "should've tried something else" days...

Dave

Nancy and I got a late start this morning, heading for the water at Alhambra at 11 AM. We saw three divers coming out, all complaining about the conditions. The first guy told us viz was 2 ft, the next buddy pair told us viz was zero. We headed in, spent 3 hours underwater and found about 200 teeth each in 4 feet visibility. We had a grand time and even brought home dinner in the form of a 19 inch Flounder.

went out on Florida West's boat this morning - way south of the pier. Nice and warm with excellent viz on the bottom (after you got below 15 ft !). Found a nice 4.5inch meg.

29 Sept 09
Service Club
Winds west 10-15 mph
Tide incoming
Surf 2 ft
Viz less than arms length (~3ft)
nothing noteworthy to report

I went out to Alhambra around 10am. Air temp was 79 surface water about 86 at 21 ft it was 82. Very snotty viz was 2-4. But since I only looked down, I was content. Heavy silt on bottom. Winds were light out of the north. No jellies. Very enjoyable to me. Did 2.5 hrs on one tank. Went to the end of the second building and just picked up little guys but got a nice half dollar size hemi. No other divers in the water.

3-Oct-09
South Brohard
Winds: East & light
Seas: <1ft
Tide:
Water temp:
Surface-86
Bttm- 82
Viz:6ft

Out with Scuba Refresher class, lot of fish around the block including a couple of LARGE snook, but no jellies, lost a yellow snorkel. A beautiful afternoon for diving.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom