Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Site Location: Boneyard Area
Water Temp: 87
Vizibility: 10' plus
Tide: Incoming
Wind: Calm
Surf: Calm

A perfect ending to a long holiday weekend. Only found a few small ones. No Jellies.

9/11/09
Service Club

Got a dive in this afternoon 2:30pm

Seas 1'+ going in 2'+ coming out
Wind Sw 10+
Water Temp 87
Vis 1'-3'
Jellies No stings, saw 2, a diver coming out was nailed good a few times

took this home

Attachments

• teeth091109.JPG
    teeth091109.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 91
Saturday 9/11: 1 dive 10:00
Temp - Time Surf/depth (deg F): 1000 86/84
Visibility: 1' or less
Tide: Outgoing
Wind: SW (5-10 kt?)
Seas: Rolling 3-5'
Drift algae: Don't know - too much debris and sand in the water

I could see my guages but that was about it. Got a few small teeth and stingray barbs just to say I was there.

Of note: there were several cars broken into at Sharky's between 0800 and 0830. I went down there at 0900 to check conditions and found several of the bicyclists standing around waiting for the police. They parked and did their morning ride at 0800 and came back to find several of their cars and one tourist's car with broken windows and several purses missing.

Possibly related: I stopped down at S Brohard just prior. I walked down to the beach and back (surf looked bad for diving) my car was the only one in the main lot, with two at the roadside parking. As I was walking back to my car, an older SUV was driving slowly past my truck, the driver saw me and sped up, turned around sped up to about 25-30 mph and left immediately. I thought it was strange as I was going to flag him down to ask if he was diving but he took off so fast I couldn't. In retrospect, he may have been the same guy that broke into the other cars. He was an older male caucasian about 40-50 yrs old with sandy or salt/pepper hair.

I talked to the cops at Sharky's and filed a witness report, but watch your belongings - he apparently targeted vehicles with visible purses on the floor or seat. Typical smash and grab and didn't bother with glove compartment or trunk contents.

Saturday 9/11: 1 dive 10:00
Temp - Time Surf/depth (deg F): 1000 86/84
Visibility: 1' or less
Tide: Outgoing
Wind: SW (5-10 kt?)
Seas: Rolling 3-5'
Drift algae: Don't know - too much debris and sand in the water

Got my date wrong: the dive was Saturday 9/12

Anyone been out? A lot of rain lately but east winds predicted for awhile and I would love to make a trip in the next few days. Thanks.

Last edited:
Did the park north of Sharky's this am. Winds were out of the east, seas were calm, water temp was 84 & vis was 5 - 7 ft. with a max depth of 22 ft. Saw about 5 jellies, no stings. There also were no problems in the parking lot today. Thanks for alerting me to that thedaddy. I was definitely on high alert today!

19 Sept 09
Boneyard w/ Aristakat & Capt. Jamie

Winds E 10 mph
Seas 1-2 ft
Tide ???
Viz 10 + ft
Lots of small megs still cleaning them pictures to come soon. This ink well was a nice find. Not a shark teeth but something different!!!!! Sh@rk W@tcher Congrads on your tooth cant wait to see the pictures. Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!:yeahbaby::yeahbaby::yeahbaby:Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!:yeahbaby::yeahbaby::yeahbaby:

Attachments

• DSC02544.JPG
    DSC02544.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC02543.JPG
    DSC02543.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC02542.JPG
    DSC02542.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
A beautiful day at Alhambra! Viz was 10 - 12 feet, seas were flat. Nancy and I both found megs. 3 hours 47 minutes actual bottom time.

20 Sept 09
Boneyard w/ Aristakat & Capt. Jamie

Winds E 10 mph
Seas 1-2 ft
Tide ???
Viz 10 + ft
Lots of small megs and some very( large 6"+) Fragalodons, over a great day of diving!!!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom