Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Incoming tide at Alhambra this morning has visibility at almost 10 feet! That was in 30 feet of water, I could see the kayak from the bottom. Lightening kept me off the beach early so by the end of the second dive the tide was out and visibility dropped to about 2 feet a bit closer in. After swapping scuba tanks today I saw a 6 foot shark cruise under my kayak. Did I skip the second dive? Nope, I dove.... but my feet came out of the water pretty quick!

6/16/14
The Boneyard
Time: 11:30am
Seas: calm to 1 foot
Wind: E @ 8mph (according to weather.com)
Water temp: 82
Vis: 10-12 feet
Dive time: 1 hour
Max Depth: 31 feet
Finds: nothing great but had a great dive, first one off my own boat!

Coming next month for my birthday. Hopefully I can add another Meg to my collection when I get there. Planning on diving the day of our arrival, staying the night, diving the next day then driving home. Four dives should be enough to find some good bones!

---------- Post added June 18th, 2014 at 07:08 PM ----------

Come to think of it, me and the wife were planning on diving Devil's Den this Saturday but I just convinced her to take a day trip to Venice! Yay...now hopefully the weather will cooperate. I know it's probably a stupid question, but anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like this weekend? We'll be coming early Saturday morning (takes 3 hours from here) and hopefully doing a two tank dive from Alahambra. Anyone else gonna be there this weekend that can help a fella out? I've been there before but still may need a wee bit of guidance. Thanks,

-Sapp

Got it. Hopefully I will see some of you on Saturday. I'm gonna try to be in the water as soon as possible, but I guess it depends a lot on what time I can get some tanks from the LDSs. You guys usually post up between the pipe and pine trees right?

-Sapp

vis report

IMG_20140619_105012_826.jpg

Right now off boat
6/19/14
10:45
Sea flat calm
water temp 84 bottom surface 81
Vis 6-8 in 26 ft

6/19/14
S. Venice beach near the Pine trees
in at 9:45 am
Winds ENE 8 mph
Tide outgoing, slight current
Viz 6 ft and less
depth 14-21 FSW
Temp 82
Time 100 mins.
Found lots of small teeth near the blocks. The further west I went, viz decreased, then opened up again. Lots of fry in the blocks. Saw school of Atlantic spadefish. Lots of abandoned crab traps and rope in the blocks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom