Dive Report - Breakwater 27 Feb 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm still training the unholy army of garden gnomes I plan to use for a little extra "gentle" persuasion when it comes to pricing. :wink:

Soon my pets... very soon...

Do they look like this?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 31
Do they look like this?

No, mine look like this...

garden-gnome.jpg

They look friendly, so they have the benefit of surprise when they start to bite your nose off.

Not that hard to tow. Just have to be willing to get a little... friendly with the towee.

Yeah it seems pretty easy to tow.

But I'd want to get scooter diving/safety figured out for myself first - towing a buddy along for the learning curb adventure probably isn't the best idea :shakehead:!

But I can dream... guessing scooters are somewhere in the future - at least I hope :D:D...

Need to finish Fundies first :wink:! What a class!

That's exactly what I was thinking, Kathy!

:D!!! Soon enough I hope!

So excited to hear how your Essentials class goes - I hope you write a class report ;-)!

Last edited:
You crazy California divers, scootering around in kelp fields, checking out sunken anchors, and attempting murder of my instructor. If I come around again, can we try for this much fun??

Peace,
Greg

Looks like all this talk of scooters is making me itch... Brian, so which one are you looking at and will we get a group discount if Kathy, me and you all get one at the same time???

Wishful thinking but I thought I'd ask... :)

Looks like all this talk of scooters is making me itch... Brian, so which one are you looking at and will we get a group discount if Kathy, me and you all get one at the same time???

I'm looking at the DiveXtras Sierra and Cuda. Interestingly enough, in the new LiON battery models the cost difference is pretty negligible. Of course, the battery is crazy expensive. :)

Right now, I'm leaning towards a standard'ish Sierra. I feel like it would be a lot more comfortable for me to deal with than the Cuda. That said, the speed difference and cruise time on the cuda is pretty awesome.

Do most of the local Sierra divers use the standard or long body?

Wishful thinking but I thought I'd ask... :)

Go for it Mike & Brian! Can't wait to hear your stories.

It will probably take me a little while till I"m ready for a scooter. Plenty of fun lined up exploring where doubles/our new skills/polished kicks can take us! But ya never know...I do have scooter envy :D!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom