Dive Report - Breakwater 27 Feb 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kathy, I'm loking forward to Essentials too, of course I'll write a class report. As you're aware, I'm already immersed in it, that online portion of the class I have been working through for the past 3 weeks. I can't tell you how ready I am to get into the pool then ocean and dive!
I've been practicing with the jets and boy, does Don have some work cut out for him, lol.
I think I'll have a lot more fun with it once I'm in the class, for now it's muddling through the slides and hoping it'll make more sense when I can stop Don and say, what? Can you run that past me again? The bubble theory, totally clueless.

Kathy, I'm loking forward to Essentials too, of course I'll write a class report. As you're aware, I'm already immersed in it, that online portion of the class I have been working through for the past 3 weeks. I can't tell you how ready I am to get into the pool then ocean and dive!
I've been practicing with the jets and boy, does Don have some work cut out for him, lol.
I think I'll have a lot more fun with it once I'm in the class, for now it's muddling through the slides and hoping it'll make more sense when I can stop Don and say, what? Can you run that past me again? The bubble theory, totally clueless.

Good for you! The online class has a great forum for asking questions. If you post specific questions you'll be amazed how clearly they are answered. I highly recommend it, even if you think a question is silly or unclear ;-). Don't worry about figuring out diving technique now, that's what class is for :wink:!

Trust me, the best prep you can do is try to learn to relax and hold one still position in the water for a period of time ;-).

Ben you took the cake on this one, thanks for the great laugh, might I add, is my Instructor Don okay?

MG

Mike,
I think he still is... we'll just see if he ever dives with me again :wink:

Indeed. I'm sure once I try it the order will be placed within 48 hours.

Man - now is such a bad time financially for me... Not because I'm having money trouble, but because there's SOOO much stuff I'm looking at. :D

Doubles + a second mk25, scooter, classes... The list goes on.

...$1,000 HID light, doubles, stages ect. That's why I had to slowly build up my scooter fund. If I decide to upgrade I'll definitely let the local gang have first dibs.

Yeah it seems pretty easy to tow.

But I'd want to get scooter diving/safety figured out for myself first - towing a buddy along for the learning curb adventure probably isn't the best idea :shakehead:!

But I can dream... guessing scooters are somewhere in the future - at least I hope :D:D...

Need to finish Fundies first :wink:! What a class!

Having Fundies is a great baseline... When I hear that a diver has Fundies I know he has a solid foundation of basic skills. This makes dive planning and execution a lot easier. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you guys will get your chance to strut your stuff in front of the camera :wink:

If I come around again, can we try for this much fun??

Absolutely!

Do most of the local Sierra divers use the standard or long body?

Standard body is the standard - most flexible for boat and shore diving. If you're considering the long body, then you should opt for the Cuda.

I think he still is... we'll just see if he ever dives with me again :wink:

I'll dive with you anytime!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you guys will get your chance to strut your stuff in front of the camera :wink:

Yeah, fingers crossed :D!

You crazy California divers, scootering around in kelp fields, checking out sunken anchors, and attempting murder of my instructor. If I come around again, can we try for this much fun??

Peace, Greg

Sure I hope you make it back Greg! Better yet, one of these days it would be fun to dive Hawaii :D!!

Kathy, where are you all gonna be at? I want to know where practice my shark-circling-the-prey interpretation :D

No plan yet.

We'll be at either BW or Lobos, condition and reservation dependant.

You crazy California divers, scootering around in kelp fields, checking out sunken anchors, and attempting murder of my instructor. If I come around again, can we try for this much fun??

Peace,
Greg

Did your instructor ever tell you about scootering after a sturgeon? :wink:

Standard body is the standard - most flexible for boat and shore diving. If you're considering the long body, then you should opt for the Cuda.

Cool, thanks - that's what I expected. I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was actually comparing this past weekend. :)

Back
Top Bottom