Dive report,7-14/7-15 Pamana City Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well the day started out at 2:00 am waking up and leaving my house to make it to PC by 0800. First dive was with kchFLA,SeaYoda,Denisegg and Andy,and Capt Grumby. Dive was good with probably 40 ft visibility at times. Saw the usual customers including a single octopus although someone saw two.

The next dive was after a very short SI due to the tide times. kchFLA left and Andy had ear trouble so this dive was down to just four of us. Second dive was good as well and the current began going out during this dive so we turned it a little early. Had trouble finding the cut on the rocks because the landmark I was using was gone. Anyway, We sufaced about 30 yards north of the usual crossing point with no trouble.
I got a few pics worth posting but they are nothing to brag about. I am sure SY can show them up.

Ended the day by checking into our hotel in PC and then showering and getting ready for a great dinner. We went to The Captains Table and ate dinner and finished our post-dive debriefing which included a little beer. Good beer, I might add.

The next day began much the same. Water temps the same 82 degrees. Did see 1 jelly fish today. Anyway, Saw them same fish,no octopus. There were more grouper today though. Did see one lobster hiding under some rubble. Did 2 dives with the first one lasting 50 min. and the second one lasting 35 min. We, Myself,Kathy,Shelby and Denise and Andy had our post dive debriefing at Sallys in Ponce De Leon since it was on our way home. Plus, I had to get some of the sour cream and chive fries that SBM recommended. Excellent I must report.

It was nice to dive with SeaYoda,Densiegg and Andy again as well as meeting Capt Grumby and kchFLA for the first time. Hope to do it again soon.

Thanks for the report!

I'm going to stick a couple of Destin updates here as well, hope you don't mind.

Sorry DP. Real connection troubles today.

Hope you got some pics. Even if they are all top side.

Destin Jetties(7-14) were nice, snorkeled along the top with 20' of visibility. Only saw one stinging nettle, it was nice to find the jellyfish have not hit the Destin area too badly yet.

Checked on the unidentified sailboat on Okaloosa Island on the way home today(7-15) and the mast is no longer visibile from the surface. I don't know if that means they have salvaged the boat, or if it has just collapsed. I didn't get in the water to verify - with more time, maybe next weekend?

The condo to the West of the Best Western in Fort Walton has pier pilings remaining that run into the water. I don't think they run too far, or deep, but it may be worth a snorkel.

I heard that the Crystal Beach pier pilings(atleast on land) have been removed completely. I did not verify, but just a heads up.

Callahans has moved to a new location. Its now located just West of Main St. on Hwy 98, right behind the Krispy Kreme.

Dewey's is doing just the same, excellent!

Enough of my non-diving, micro-report... Hopefully some of you local guys can verify some of my findings. Bring on the dive reports from PCB!

Great report Clay. Sorry I missed you guys. Maybe I can make the next one. Now that painting is done I'm starting to remodel my wife's closet.

P.S. The sour cream and chive fries are the best. SeaYoda got me hooked on those

Okay I am going to try to post my report now. Everytime I tried to last night it wouldn't go through.

Back
Top Bottom