dive planning @ 300' cont.from D&T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think they make bottles big enough to if you were to lose both your deco gases and have to try to do it on BG, and good luck b/c its hypoxic. It even gets shady when you start to look at lost gases on the cont. You could always ask topside for gas with a liftbag and a slate. See....isn't couch diving fun?

I don't think they make bottles big enough to if you were to lose both your deco gases and have to try to do it on BG, and good luck b/c its hypoxic. It even gets shady when you start to look at lost gases on the cont. You could always ask topside for gas with a liftbag and a slate. See....isn't couch diving fun?

Double 120's

Double 120's

Big doubles indeed, better chosen deco gases, a bottom stage or two and the dive is a very nice one. You could even stay a little longer at depth.

Yeah with O2 @ 20' from the boat you might make it, but I think I would rather be dead than have a runtime of 778 minutes.

I was repling to Howard by the way

Yeah the 12/58 is what the gas analized at, the resort only has AL 80's, the NX32 is banked and they can only boost enough to make NX80.

You don't actually have any deco training do you?

Among many other issues with your "plans", you don't need a booster to make 80%

Yeah with O2 @ 20' from the boat you might make it, but I think I would rather be dead than have a runtime of 778 minutes.

I was repling to Howard by the way

So would YOU do the dive as you presented it?

At 20ft 12/58 is fine.

You're going to need a stage bottle to cover MGR from max depth to the Eanx32 switch depth, using double AL80's.

I would rather keep MGR (minimum gas reserve) on backgas manageable and employ an early deco switch to an AL40 of 21/35 (and also utilize it as an initial travel gas on descent as well).

300'/90m for 10min, Ratio Deco schedule 1:4 with a bottom mix of 10/70, four deco gases of O2, 50/25, 35/25 and 21/35 mix . . .(and I would still carry an AL40 of Oxygen in case I get blown away in a current from my surface supplied O2 source).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom