Dive operators and accommodation in the Jupiter area of Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nivek Llekots

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

I'm planning a diving vacation in the Jupiter area of Florida and am looking for recommendations regarding dive operators and accommodation in the area. I plan to be there for the first two weeks of November and would like, if possible, to rent an apartment, has anyone got any experience of the area.

Also does anyone have experience of the dive conditions at that time of year, water temp, visibility etc.?

Thanks,
Nivek

I like Jupiter Dive Center & dive with them often: I probably do 50 dives a year with JDC. Another option is Captain Sl8r, I've not been on that boat but a number of SB members like Sl8r.

Some years, November can have really nice marine conditions but some years the fall weather brings in winds out of the north and marine conditions get a bit rough. Water temps will probably be 78 degees give or take a couple degrees. ViS is likely to vary between 50 and 100 feet.

sportlxh above gave a good concise view point.
I agree with the recommendation for Jupiter Dive Center---well run and professional; and, since they operate two boats, they often have plenty of space.
His view point on conditions for the time of year is correct; sometimes it's perfect; sometimes the weather goes a little south. I'd say that overall, the temps generally range between 77-80ish that time of year.

Since you're looking for a bit of a longer term rental than is typical, I'd strongly suggest searching for weekly rentals in Singer Island (Also called Palm Beach Shores--same area, different wording). It's a nearby resort area (but very low key) with plenty of options for the type of accommodation you're after; about 15 minutes down the road from Jupiter, and walkable distance to Blue Heron Bridge diving if you're interested in diving there. A few links after a quick google search:

Budget Singer Island Vacation Rentals

VRBO - Singer Island Vacation Rentals

Singer Island FL Vacation Rentals, Singer Island Beach Condos

Feel free to PM me with questions, etc. I've lived here almost 20 years and am familiar with the area.

Also, if you're staying down in the Singer Island area that puts a few other charters within range. Narcosis, Ocean Quest Scuba, Little Deeper, and Florida Scuba Charters all operate out of the Riviera Beach area just over the Blue Heron Bridge. Narcosis will frequently get up into the Jupiter area and the other outfits will visit from time to time. As a general tip either Scuba Works in Jupiter or Force-E Riviera Beach act as "brokers" who can put you on one of the various dive boats in the area.

As far as conditions, I'll affirm what's been said earlier - November can be touchy. I've had years when I've gotten some good dives in and years when I've been blown out for most of the month.

Here's a link to my trip report from Sept. 2014 diving with Jupiter Dive Center. Might give you a look at what diving with them was like for me. Others also posted to the thread. I was happy with my 5 days with them.

Richard.

November is a great month for diving. cool but not cold. a lot of people dive a 3mm....I tend to switch to my 5mm sometime in November.

Dive ops:
I give a BIG hoorah to Capt Sl8r (www.jupiterscubadiving.com). he is by far the best op in Jupiter. I dive with him a LOT.
A close second is Stuart Scuba (www.stuartscuba.com). they have a great shop and 3 great boats from Stuart to Jupiter to Riviera Beach. Great crew and great diving.

Can't go wrong with either one.
Both ops have deals with local hotels.

Here is a recent post on youtube about the area. It features Force-e dive shop, Blue Heron Bridge and the Narcosis dive boat with Capt. Van...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-FU_XaeLOo

[video=youtube;U-FU_XaeLOo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-FU_XaeLOo[/video]

I'm another happy customer from JDC. They have great 3 tank trips on Friday and Sunday morning

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom