Dive next weekend anyone?? (11/01 or 11/02)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might be up for one..... we shall see...

I might be able to do the dive on the 1st.
Will you keep me posted?

I'm teaching an advanced class from the Raptor on the 2nd.
If anyone wants a boat dive, you could jump in on that...
it would be so great to see beach crabbies...

Meg
(pm me if you're interested in a spot on the advanced class)

Hello all,

I was pointed to this thread for a possible dive this weekend. My latest plan was to dive crecent Sat morning, but with possible floaters in the water I am looking for alternate plans. I was tempted to check out the Raptor, but that would be quite a drive.

So it comes down to I am a new diver looking to dive!

What are the plans for the 1st and/or the 2nd? I would be in for an afternoon/evening dive on Saturday. Anyone still planning anything?

I *might* be up for something Saturday afternoon/evening. Not sure yet. I'm watching the weather and won't go near the water for a couple days if we have some heavy rains. Swell models aren't looking great this weekend, Sat isn't quite as bad but Sunday looks like a good day for surfers!

Saturday evening though the low tide hits in the 5:30 to 6:00 pm range with a rather large tide swing (almost 6 feet in some spots) which means a lot of water moving around so maybe Sat evening won't be too good. I'm not even looking tworad OC though as I don't feel like spotting my first TurdFish :)

Saturday morning tides lookk the best with high just before 11am and only a couple of feet rise from the low tide, much less moving water. I could do a morning dive but I would only have my AL80 filled and could only do one but would be up for it.

Posted via Mobile Device

I *might* be up for something Saturday afternoon/evening. Not sure yet. I'm watching the weather and won't go near the water for a couple days if we have some heavy rains. Swell models aren't looking great this weekend, Sat isn't quite as bad but Sunday looks like a good day for surfers!

Saturday evening though the low tide hits in the 5:30 to 6:00 pm range with a rather large tide swing (almost 6 feet in some spots) which means a lot of water moving around so maybe Sat evening won't be too good. I'm not even looking tworad OC though as I don't feel like spotting my first TurdFish :)

Saturday morning tides lookk the best with high just before 11am and only a couple of feet rise from the low tide, much less moving water. I could do a morning dive but I would only have my AL80 filled and could only do one but would be up for it.

Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds Like you might be getting this tide thing down pat :) Good Job!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom