Dive light from E-Bay -- Great buy!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The battery in this light is pinched between springs on both ends, so I don't think it's surprising that you can feel and hear the battery bouncing around inside if you thump the back end. At least that's how I interpret what happens.

If you can't find something loose - quit a few of the lights I've bought have arrived not fully screwed together - you should probably contact the seller. You're right that you shouldn't have to trust an intermittent light.

The tail cap on mine moves with only great exertion - if yours is the same, maybe the assembler didn't get it all the way on. Take the head alone and shake it to see if you hear something loose.

I have a light that is troublesome in the switch department ... The light has a very low glow when off and some times it is hard to get to turn off.. The ebay seller gave me half the money back.. I still use the light..

Jim....

Yea with all the strobe options. I'm tempted to bring it to work & try it on someone who gets seizures. Please don't report me! :D

Question on the TrustFire charger. The battery charger has settings for something like 4.3 volts and 3.0 volts and the battery voltage is somewhere in between. Which setting do I use on the charger? I have been using the 3.0 volt setting so that I don't over charge the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that charger, but the fully charged voltage for Li-Ion rechargeable cells is around 4.2V. 3.0V is all but fully discharged for that type of battery.

Question on the TrustFire charger. The battery charger has settings for something like 4.3 volts and 3.0 volts and the battery voltage is somewhere in between. Which setting do I use on the charger? I have been using the 3.0 volt setting so that I don't over charge the battery.

I don't trust anything with fire in the name. I'm using the nitecore d2 smart charger. It senses battery type and charges at the correct rate to the correct voltage.

Great Thread - I got mine yesterday. I put some silicone grease on all the o-rings. they seem like not great quality but they seem to be working. I ran it for 1 hour in a bucket of water, the light seemed to be dimmer after 1 hour. I am planning a 40m dive tomorrow, so I will bring it.

It seems to produce great light out of water anyway - be nice to see how it goes in the water.

How does the front seal work - mine has just an outer black ring that screws down directly onto a plastic lens - seems like it will easily leak as the pressure increases - I guess I will find out tomorrow

thanks to the OP for the link and starting this thread

My pleasure Crusty109! I now own a couple of those lights and all my dive buddies love them and some have also purchased them too.

Hey guys, just wanted to weigh in on my experience with this light. I accidentally dropped and lost mine in about 65' of water in Florida. It sat there for about 20 days before it (and the GoPro it was attached to) were found. About a week-and-a-half later I had it back in my hands and it worked perfectly. It feels like there may be a little sand in the power switch collar or something but it operates exactly as new. I now own two.

hi.
I am quite tempted to buy the same light. Would you tell me how wide is the beem?
I considering using it with my gopro.
Thanks!

---------- Post added September 24th, 2015 at 10:15 AM ----------

hi.
I am quite tempted to buy the same light. Would you tell me how wide is the beem?
Thanks!

---------- Post added September 24th, 2015 at 10:17 AM ----------

hi.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom