Dive light from E-Bay -- Great buy!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would mount the light at the end of a stick with a gopro 3 or 4feet up filming the light.. Mount a hand mount depth gauge and send it down on a 200' line... Then have a few beers and haul it up....

Jim..'

Added... I'd be willing to built the test pole and have a depth gauge to also put on it.. Then drop it of to fiddler on the roof for testing... Drive thru RI every monday afternoon on my way to Taunton Ma..

Last edited:
Liked the first one I got, so I got two more to enable me to experiment with the lights. Managed to convert one of them to a fantastic light head for my canister light :D

Attachments

• IMG_6669.jpg
    IMG_6669.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_6789.jpg
    IMG_6789.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 173
Nikolay, you got the good model, there is also this, for the UK:
LED Diving Flashlight Torch CREE XM-L T6 Waterproof 60m 5000LM 8 Modes TZ UK1 | eBay

Now make sure you get good cells to put in. Based on feedbacks from candlepowerforum.com, I took this one:
Test of TrustFire TF26650 5000mAh (Flame)

Oldschoolto, it looks like you have a plan ! You seem pretty sure it will not withstand 60meters then ... keep us posted. I curious if I can bring this torch to 45m without narced fear of having to dodge a bullet.

WOW! I never imagined that this post I started would go on for so long and turn out to be so cool... Thank you dive buddies!!
I now own 3 of them and use them all the time as backups and also as "strobes"
[video=youtube;_LyQcLfqAsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LyQcLfqAsQ[/video]
Love that conversion to a canister light too.

Peter

---------- Post added July 28th, 2015 at 01:25 PM ----------

Any time Oldschool! Make sure there is a nice Gopro 4 attached to that pole also!

I have a gopro black.. But don't have the dive case for it... We could and should do this test Peter....

Since my wife and I only dive about 15-20 dives a year during our winter dive vacation, I didn't want to spend a bunch on a dive light. After reading the reports on this forum I purchased: KKmoon 3*CREE XM-L T6 5000LM 8-Mode LED Diving Flashlight 26650 Torch... Sold by: Lixada and the TrustFire battery. WOW! What a torch! Interested to try it at depth during our trip to Roatan in March. Thanks everyone for the evals and comments.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Just make sure you remove all parts and grease the O-rings. The Front, the body and the end cap all come apart and have O-rings. Especially the front (which I didn't even know it came off).

I took it with me to Roatan a few weeks ago and it leaked slightly from the front glass. Turns out that the front glass was held in with the front of the light and has an O-ring sealing it to the main body. It was slightly loose and got some leakage. After drying it out, using a liberal amount silicone grease on the O-ring and really tightening down the front piece, it worked flawlessly for the rest of the trip.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom